What is an example of what you eat in a day for weight loss?

Options
Here's mine yesterday:
Breakfast: trail mix granola bar, small apple
Snacks: banana, animal crackers
Dinner: salad, 6 inch ham and turkey sub on whole wheat
Dessert: low fat chocolate brownie ice cream (only 100 calories per serving!)
I know I'm not eating that healthy so I'm trying to get ideas and inspiration. My total was 1350

Replies

• laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:
    Breakfast: black coffee

Lunch: leftover pot roast with carrots, onion & mushrooms, mashed potatoes & cauliflower, string cheese

Dinner: cauliflower, lasagna, fun-sized kit kat

1300 calories
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Breakfast_ egg white omelet with lots of chopped veggies and maybe some cheese, or a protein shake with fresh berries, or with unsweetened cocoa powder and peanut butter. On a rare occasion I have a bowl of cold cereal with high fiber like cherrios or raisin bran, in the winter I may have oatmeal with apples and or cinnamon
    Lunch_ sandwich on low carb tortilla, or some grilled chicken or tuna salad, with a salad (Oscar Mayer has a "Sandwich Kit" with turkey and ham meant for subs, but 4 slices is only 60 calories and they taste really good and make a good nice little rolled sandwich on the Mission Brand Carb Smart tortilla I use Hellman's Egg Free Mayo or swipe of mustard and fresh lettuce and tomato
    Dinner- 4-6 oz chicken, turkey, or fish with 2-3 fresh veggies and usually a small salad that I eat first with no more than 1TBS of salad dressing (regular, I never eat low cal because of the sugar and salt content- I usually make my own)
    Snacks- large pink lady apple, 1 oz mini pretzels, cheese sticks or slices of very flavorful cheese like provolone or sharp cheddar (no more than 100 calories) sugar free jello with or without fruit, watermelon chucks or grapes (occasionally)
    I eat higher protein and lower carb because I'm pre-diabetic and I try to keep my carbs around 100 grams per day or less to control my HA1C level, so the fruit is based on my carb count for the day. And the number of snacks, and which ones I have are based on my macros and my hunger levels
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Yesterday
    Breakfast: 2 Barbara's Bakery Shredded Wheat Biscuits with .5 cup 1% milk, cup of tea w/milk and 1tsp sugar

Lunch: Eating Well Spicy Chicken Udon Frozen Meal

Snack: 1/4 c. 2% cottage cheese with 5 blackberries - Tea

Dinner: 1 slice of meatloaf w/BBQ sauce topping, sautéed kale w/bacon, steamed cauliflower

Snack: Fage 2% Blackberry Yogurt, and then 2 small Outshine Fruit/Veggie popsicles. - Tea

Shooting for between 1200-1400 calories per day.
  • grapaj
    grapaj Posts: 136 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Yesterday:
    Breakfast - 1 egg + 1/2 cup egg whites over 1/2 cup of ground turkey (cooked in taco seasoning on weekend), pico de gallo on top
    Lunch - leftover turkey & brussel sprouts
    Aft: protein shake (1.5 scoops powder, 6oz water, 6 oz unsweetened coconut milk, ice, handful of spinach leaves)
    Dinner - leftover turkey + 1/2 cup mashed potatoes + roasted carrots
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Kefir and coffee, liver and eggs with sauteed veggies

Lunch: Big ol garden salad topped w/ avocado, sardines, and dressing

Dinner : Pot roast, broccoli w cheese, roasted potatoes

Snack: celery w peanut butter
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Today:

Breakfast: 3 eggs, 1 padron pepper, 1 slice American cheese, 2 slices wheat toast
    Lunch: 1 Pork chop and mixed veggies
    Snack: Protein bar
    Dinner: Steak and zucchini
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    For weight loss - the key is to be in a calorie deficit, so you can really eat anything and still lose weight.
    For satiety - finding a good combination of filling foods to help keep you satisfied at that calorie deficit is important.
    For overall health - eating a balanced diet that meets both macro (carbs/fat/protein) and micro (all the other vitamins and minerals) nutrient requirements is something to strive for.
    For satisfaction and diet adherence - leaving room for treats on occasion is something that many find helpful.

I'm in maintenance now, but I ate pretty much the same things when I was losing as I do now, just maybe one less glass of wine, dessert less often, or smaller snacks when I was at a deficit.

Today:
    Breakfast: Coffee with Coffeemate Pumpkin Spice Creamer and Chobani Greek Yogurt
    Lunch: Lean Cuisine Butternut Squash Ravioli with added chicken (I buy precooked chicken strips and add those to frozen meals for extra protein).
    Snack: Chobani Flip
    Dinner: Thai Coconut Curry Chicken with Birdseye Protein Blend - Asian plus extra veggies
    After Dinner: Wine + something sweet, maybe a serving of ice cream or a couple of Oreos

• cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was coffee for breakfast, with sweetener and half and half.
    Lunch was a portion of a mushroom and broccoli frittata, single serve yogurt and a black plum.
    Dinner was a taco salad - 3 cups of romaine, ground beef, onions, garlic, grape tomatoes, salsa and sour cream, and two pork ribs in bbq sauce.
    Snack was 80 grams of Special K cracker chips (bbq flavour) and a cup of tea with skim milk and sweetener.
    Total calories were less than 1200 but more than 1000.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Breakfast-2 jumbo fried eggs on 1 slice onion rye, 1 large cup green tea, 1 large cup black tea with almond milk and stevia. 2 oz. prune juice
    Lunch-broccoli, grape tomatoes, rotisserie chicken, oil cured olives, olive oil/red wine vinegar. Honey Crisp apple.
    Calories-1,319

I eat 2 meals a day.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    It usually depends on if I work that day or not [as I tend to burn an average of 800 calories extra those days].

Example work day meal:
    Breakfast: breakfast burrito, two servings of greek yogurt [I did do a mix of cottage cheese and greek yogurt, but just having the greek yogurts has a lot less sodium], 8 oz juice, a cup of fruit
    Lunch: tuna salad with homemade mayonnaise [homemade mayo has less sodium], bagel, a cup of fruit and maybe a salad
    Dinner: Roughly the same as lunch

On non-work days, I leave out the cup of fruit for each meal.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Danggg @Dano74 .. come cook for me ! :)

I'm bulking atm, but I typically eat the same things when I am losing, just less carbs at lunch I guess.

Breakfast: Two slices of toast with peanut butter and jam, a coffee
    Snack: Maybe a fibre 1 bar or Greek yogurt with fruit
    Lunch: Two egg and egg white omelet with spinach or kale and cheddar cheese, with cottage cheese or turkey sticks
    Snack: Protein bar or protein mug cake with fruit
    Dinner: A protein (chicken, fish, beef) with veggies (zucchini, broccoli, asparagus) and a carb (pasta, rice, freekeh, polenta, potatoes etc) and a green salad with olive oil and balsamic, all with wine of course ;)
    Dessert: Whatever fits... real ice cream or skinnycow ice cream, cereal (usually cocoa krispies) popcorn, donuts etc.
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Danggg @Dano74 .. come cook for me ! :)

I'm bulking atm, but I typically eat the same things when I am losing, just less carbs at lunch I guess.

Breakfast: Two slices of toast with peanut butter and jam, a coffee
    Snack: Maybe a fibre 1 bar or Greek yogurt with fruit
    Lunch: Two egg and egg white omelet with spinach or kale and cheddar cheese, with cottage cheese or turkey sticks
    Snack: Protein bar or protein mug cake with fruit
    Dinner: A protein (chicken, fish, beef) with veggies (zucchini, broccoli, asparagus) and a carb (pasta, rice, freekeh, polenta, potatoes etc) and a green salad with olive oil and balsamic, all with wine of course ;)
    Dessert: Whatever fits... real ice cream or skinnycow ice cream, cereal (usually cocoa krispies) popcorn, donuts etc.

:D It's the magic of increased calories... aaaaand the help of a local breakfast diner on Sundays.
  • mari5466
    mari5466 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: pumkin spice oatmeal (1/3 cups of organic oats, 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk and organic pumpkin purée, pumpkin spice, .5 ounce of walnuts)
    1/4 of milk for my coffee
    224 calories

Snack:
    1/2 scoop of organic chocolate protein powder
    1/2 cup of almond milk unsweetened
    73 calories

Lunch:
    3.5 ounces of organic apples
    2.5 ounces of organic grapes
    1.5 ounces of Brie cheese
    6 water crackers
    355 calories

Dinner:
    8 ounces of baked potato and vegetable soup
    1/2 a strip of bacon
    1/2 a frozen baguette
    381 calories
    1031 calories total and I could always have a glass of wine or some more soup if I wanted to.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Yesterday...

Breakfast: 3 eggs scrambled and topped with red chile and cotiha cheese with 1 serving coach's oats with 16 grams of peanutbutter, one banana, and a 12 oz low sodium V8

Snack: Pita chips with humus

Lunch: Southwestern stuffed baked sweet potato (Sweet potato, black beans, corn, salsa fresca, seasonings, and cotiha cheese and 1/2 an avocado

Snack: Apple with 32 grams peanut butter. Fresh mozzarella balls.

Cocktail hour: 3 Marble Brewery IPAs and an Arturo Fuente Curly Head Deluxe Maduro cigar

Dinner: One pan gnocchi with sundred tomatoes and white beans and mushrooms and greens

Desert: Greek yogurt and some blueberries

Night Cap: 8 ounce glass 1% milk

• tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Today I had a Kind bar for breakfast, salad (4oz chicken, romaine lettuce, grape tomatoes, cheddar cheese, walnuts, bacon and Chipolte ranch dressing) for lunch, a bowl of chili w/ beans topped with sour cream and cheddar for supper. I am under 1200 calories so far today so I will have a snack later. Maybe a bowl of ice cream or a piece of dark chocolate, or perhaps pretzel crisps and hummus.

Yesterday I also had a Kind bar for breakfast (weekends I usually cook), same salad for lunch but with more chicken and I forgot walnuts, and we had Chicken Cordon Bleu casserole for supper.
  • LB551
    LB551 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Today:
    Breakfast: tea with milk & 1/4 cup cheerios with milk
    Snack: 6 Pistachios
    Lunch: egg salad on whole wheat toast and small veg salad.
    Snack: 1/2 apple & 2 small hard candies
    Dinner: homemade small veg burrito & small pea soup
    Snack: Oreo thins (4 pcs) 1 mini babybel cheese
    Calories Total: 1,176 - I stay under 2,000 calories.
    I consume about 6-8 cups water for the day.
  • ashjongfit
    ashjongfit Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    B- scoop chocolate protein powder, coffee, 1 cup 2% milk.
    L- four turkey meat balls, 150g spaghetti squash, 1/2 c sauce
    S- banana with PB and 1/3rd a serving of trail mix on top
    D- 4oz chicken breast, 1/2c quinoa. feta, mixed greens, spinach, carrot, celery, grape tomatoes, 1/2 tbsp grape seed oil + balsamic to taste
    S - 4 squares dark chocolate and a clem

I eat around 1900cals, 2 gallons of water a day
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 125g cottage cheese with 2tsp of Frank's Red Hot
    Lunch: Pork and black bean chili (bulked out with mishrooms and zucchini)
    Dinner: 2 homemade beef, Shiraz and green peppercorn sausages, with 100g potato mashed with 1 triangle Laughing Cow Cheese, and medley of cauliflower, asparagus, broccoli and brussel sprouts:
    Snacks: Tom Yum cuppa-soup, 2 corn this with spicy pumpkin harissa dip, 21 grams lindt dark chcocolate, tea with 1tsp sugar and a dash of milk
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    LB551 wrote: »
    Today:
    Breakfast: tea with milk & 1/4 cup cheerios with milk
    Snack: 6 Pistachios
    Lunch: egg salad on whole wheat toast and small veg salad.
    Snack: 1/2 apple & 2 small hard candies
    Dinner: homemade small veg burrito & small pea soup
    Snack: Oreo thins (4 pcs) 1 mini babybel cheese
    Calories Total: 1,176 - I stay under 2,000 calories.
    I consume about 6-8 cups water for the day.

There's a big gap between 1,176 and 2000 cals/day...