Couch 2 5k

Options
Anybody out there who's doing the C25k and seen results? I'm in week 4 and loving it! Add me if you like, we can support and motivate each other :-)

Replies

• emjam99
    emjam99 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I did it for like 6 weeks and fell off the wagon. I loved it though. I didn't lose any weight, but now I can run distance better
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I did C25K in 2012 and Bridge to 10K in 2013. I run with two different running clubs and will run my 3rd half-marathon later this month. It all started with C25K.
  • _reno_
    _reno_ Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I started running 4 years ago with C25k. I have run 2 marathons and 6 halfs since then. Stick with it after the program and take the next steps to get the real benefits of running. Once you can run 30 minutes (end of program) I would suggest registering for a 10K several months out and then working one of the Hal Higdon programs.
  • cinderella_aisha
    cinderella_aisha Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    On week 7 now! It's great. I run with a group doing it and then we are doing the 10k program after. And then a half program. I ran before but this is keeping me consistent and I'm seeing results my training.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    It got me from never running to running all of a 5k at at age 61.
  • HellomynameisMOM
    HellomynameisMOM Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just started week 2 and am really needing some support. How do
    I add you? I am JenErations there and anyone is free to add me.
  • Rinde99
    Rinde99 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I'm in Week 3. Going strong so far.
  • Becky45cm
    Becky45cm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have completed it twice. The first time got me running consistently and increasing my time and pace after I completed it. Last time was last year when I did my first 5k on Thanksgiving. I ended up walking 1 min or so of that. I just started it again this month cause I want to do the Thanksgiving 5k again. But I haven't been able to stay consistent with my running. With sciatic pain and other issues, I sometimes end up having to take long breaks, then feeling like why bother. But I love running, and always go back to it.

I highly recommend the C25k Program and I have tried others that I am able to compare to.

Anyone can add me, I would love to have friends who are doing C25k as well!
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm on week 2, although I may have to repeat it ...
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I did C25K back in 2014 and found it worked great for me - I went from not being able to run for 2 minutes without struggling to being able to do 5K no problem, if slowly (34 minutes by the end of C25K). Not only that but it also taught me about the need for pace management which helped we do my first non-stop 10K (also very slow!) as my very first post C25K run.

I pretty much took 2015 off running - partly due to a calf injury but mostly due to pressure of work however have been back running regularly again this year and just recently broke 26 minutes for 5K and the hour for 10K - so the programme definitely works.

Some key lessons for me from my C25K experience:
    1) Don't try and do the running bits too fast - if you're only running slightly faster than you can walk then that's probably about right
    2) Don't be concerned if you're not able to do a full 5K in 30 minutes by the end of the program. Some people can, but the vast majority (including me) can't - but it'll come in time.
    3) Take rest days from running - doing 3 or 4 running days a week is plenty during C25K, although cross training (cycling, walking or swimming for example) on the other days is fine.