Gained everything back plus more

Options
I used this app a couple years ago and lost about 90 lbs. it probably took me a year and a half or so to lose the weight. Then I slowly stopped using this app and watching what I ate. In the past couple years i got waaaay off track and gained about 120 lbs. I didn't even notice it happening for a while and lately I have just been gaining like crazy. I feel miserable I literally don't know how I did this before but I need to do it again. Any help and motivation is appreciated!

Replies

• Habiteer
    Habiteer Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Similar story here. Lost about 60ish lbs in the past, life happened, gained it all back.

I'm getting back there though. You can do it, start today, finish next year, go farther then you went before and make it your new lifestyle.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I've been there. Every time I've lost and regained, I've ended up at a new all-time high. 3 years ago it was 254lbs. I'm down to about 185lbs now and struggling on.

I think a huge part of why it seems so much harder the second (third, fourth) time around is that it isn't new anymore. That first time you lose it's exciting, and new and you discovery new tips and tricks and things you like. Then you have to do it again and it's like "ugh, this again" and losing doesn't give you the same buzz because you've been that weight before, and so instead of going "woot! look at that!" you automatically go "ugh, been here before, so much to go".

I don't have a lot of advice except to say that you CAN do it, hell you've already done it. If you built a house all by yourself and it got knocked down, would you live out in the open forever? Nope - you'd build another house. It wouldn't be as exciting, and you'd probably resent like hell having to do it, but it's better than the alternative, right?

• haydiz70
    haydiz70 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing myself go down the same road. I lost 53 pounds last year and I've put 12 back on, most of it in the last few months. Going to log all my food again. I've been keeping up with exercise fairly well but really fell off the wagon with my eating habits. I'm upset with myself but I'm determined to do my best. But yeah, it's depressing and aggravating. Hopefully we can encourage each other to not give up!
  • CBell223
    CBell223 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you too. I lost 135 lbs. and have put back on 45ish. Very bummed. Just got back on here looking for....I don't even know what. But I need to stop this. Every day I say I will, then I don't. I'm determined, then helplessly making stupid decisions. I don't understand me. I had really thought I'd figured this out. Sorry I can't be of help to you but I sure wish you the best.
  • kz35
    kz35 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here! About 2 years ago I lost @60 lbs on MFP. Now I have gained about 20 back! Nothing fits and I am discouraged but apparently not motivated enough. I log during the week and then slip off during the weekend and I am not as religious about my workouts anymore. I need some serious motivation here.I also agree that for some reason it seems SO much harder this time. Maybe we can do check ins using this forum until it becomes a habit again.
  • Momanjb
    Momanjb Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I lost 100 lbs and then started working longer shifts and had more babies. I didn't go all the way back up but I definitely gained. I joined a Beachbody coach and challenge groups through my coach. It's been awesome. I've already lost 37 lbs since July and I'm learning skills to change my lifestyle to keep it gone this time. I've actually decided to become a coach because I wanted the discount on products lol