Next Food Network Star

Options
Is anyone out there watching?

Penny needs to leave. Sometimes I think reality shows pick confrontational people on purpose just to keep the show interesting -- but she acts like a 10 year old. Growling like a Cat? I love it when Bobby Flay rolls his eyes.

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Yeah, networks definitely keep the drama around for ratings.
  • CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I agree.. and I love wathing the Show. I think they keep her just for ratings and conflict
  • pragya728
    pragya728 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! Penny needs to leave!! She has such an awful personality. I would never watch her show. Who do you guys like so far?
  • MizzCNyle
    MizzCNyle Posts: 40
    Options
    I agree she needs to go! I love Vic thou, I hope he wins! :D
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    The "biotch" can cook! But yes, her personality stinks! She won't get much further...
  • kingkimi1213
    kingkimi1213 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have always loved this show!!!! Orchid is my favorite this season!! She reminds me so much of my aunt!!!

Penny is a mess!
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I DESPISE Penny. I can't stand her. I knew from the moment I saw her in the first episode that she was going to be the first one to bring the drama. Even if she can cook, not many people will watch her show because of her crappy attitude.

As for Vic.... i LOVE HIM!!!! I hope he wins!!!!!!
  • radio_flyer
    Options
    I like Vic and Jeff --- and I want to like Whitney, but she's like Jason D -- doesn't know who she is.
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    She's overstayed her welcome, even for ratings. I <3 me some Vic and Jeff.
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I DESPISE Penny. I can't stand her. I knew from the moment I saw her in the first episode that she was going to be the first one to bring the drama. Even if she can cook, not many people will watch her show because of her crappy attitude.

Same here! If she were to win, I would not watch.

You know ... of the past winners, I watch Guy, Melissa and Aarti but there have been others that I've never seen a show for ... and some that have (had) shows that I just won't watch ... like Aaron McCargo, who's show was cancelled, as well as Amy Finley ... did she ever even have a show??
  • jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Options
    I agree! I can't stand Penny. I use to love the show, but this year I find myself complaining the whole episode. She ruins it for me.

I really hope Vic or Susie wins though.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options

Same here! If she were to win, I would not watch.

You know ... of the past winners, I watch Guy, Melissa and Aarti but there have been others that I've never seen a show for ... and some that have (had) shows that I just won't watch ... like Aaron McCargo, who's show was cancelled, as well as Amy Finley ... did she ever even have a show??

LOL who's Amy?????? (See?!?!?!)

I hate that they put the new shows on Sunday mornings at 9am, and I'm not awake to see them. Aaron McCargo had some really good recipes I've used before. Melissa, I just can't really watch her. Something about her bugs me.

And honestly.... this is my theory. Feel free to bash it if you want....

I think Food Network is trying to equal out to their sister station, Food Channel. There's a show called *****in Kitchen that I LOVE LOVE LOVE (check Nadia out!!!), and I think the closest that they could get to her would be Vic, with the Italian background and personality,... so I think they're going to let Vic get this title, so we can have our own version of "*****in Kitchen" in the states.

Also.... screw Time Warner cable to taking away my Travel Channel so I can't watch Adam Richman. Damn youse guys!!!!! (I'm NOT going to pay for digital cable just to get it back either!!! I'll just follow him on Twitter and love him from afar.....)
  • BigZ486
    BigZ486 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Vic, Vic, Vic!!!