Getting Shredded

Options
Dhathri
Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
I was always been that kind of girl, waiting for the first of the month or a monday or finding a reason for an auspicious occassion to get anything started. But I dont know what came over me, but one day I decided I will begin 30 day Shred and thats the I started (rather next day). Coincidentally it happened to be 10th of September. I was already behind 10 days and intended to finish it by end of this month September.

“Failure is so important. We speak about success all the time. It is the ability to resist failure or use failure that often leads to greater success. I’ve met people who don’t want to try for fear of failing.” - J.K. Rowling

I certainly was one who didnt want to try, for the fear of failure. In the past several years, I started Shred many a times and dropped in the middle. Never have I finished level 1. I was always stuck there mentally and physically. But this time something was different within me to the core. I truly wanted to see I complete it.

I had been trying to focus on eating and watch the calories for the past few months. I started the journey at 210 few months back.So I stated on 10th and finished once a day for the first 10days. Level 2 I tried to focus on doing twice a day. I loved doing level 2, it was tougher than 1, but it was over before even you started. Except for couple of days, I did it twice a day. Then came Level 3, found it more challenging with walking push ups and side pusups and crunches.

It was hard initally and later too on the body. I could feel the pain in the arms and legs. Even at nights when I sleep I could feel the twich in the muscles. I ignored the pain. I would say to myself that it is working and the body is doing its job burning the fat. Talk about the excess fat. I can't wait to see the love handles drop.

During these 20 days, I went from 173.6 to 168.8 pounds. A total loss of 4.8 pounds. More than weight loss, I am happy at my stamina. In the beginning, I was not able to do jumping jacks, now I can do jumping jacks with weights. Push ups were hard for me. But now I can do washing pushups with ease. Mountain climbers, became a piece of cake.I am still stuggling with bending elbows all the way through, but it is a working progress. I could see little bit more definition in the arms, face jaw bones. Can you believe I can feel my collar bones. It is hard to belive, and say it aloud but I am truly enjoying the work outs sessions.

Starting tomorrow I will be doing Shaun T25. It is a 10 week program. But I am focussing in finishing it in 5 weeks, doing twice a day. Hopefully he will be kind to me and I have the energy to finish it. October is also the month of my birthday. I hope this a present to myself. Never in my life I have been more dedicated. I am scared n nervous, wish me luck.

I come to the success stories for motivation all the time. Thank you one and all. I am still not confident to show skin on the post but hopefully one day I will. I sincerely thank this community for a thousand reasons. I hope to share this story out in hopes for atleast one to get motivated.

Thanks for listening!!!

Replies

• cjdalla
    cjdalla Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful. Well done. You sound like your focus is nice and sharp.

For me for some reason the motivation did not come straight away. For 3 weeks I've been just doing it. The good thing is its now kicked in. I am trying down food easily. I can't quite picture the new me but I feel the image taking shape.
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! WTG!!! Glad you're doing it with exercise and nutrition!! You're doing great!!! :)
  • Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    @cjdalla I love this quote,my all time favorite.... Just keep swimming, just keep swimming from Finding Nemo. I am pretty sure you will find your reward and home one day or the other. Keep up the good work.
  • cjdalla
    cjdalla Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ha ha. Swimming, running, training. At least my skin looks good even if my tummy is being stubborn.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!