10 weeks down 28.5 pounds

Options
At the start of 2013, I weighed 275 lbs. My metabolism was sludge. Walking was getting me no where. I started to jog because I saw other people losing weight when I wasn't losing anything. Then my obsessive nature took over and I dropped 45 lbs over the next 6 months by cardio and dieting. I remained at that level for 3.5 years and 2100 miles later until I burned out on Cardio mentally and physically. I took time off but didn't change my eating habits and Bam!! I put on 33 pounds like it was nothing.

I started back exercising 10 weeks ago yesterday under a new regiment and with a better knowledge of dieting and exercising. Now after 10 weeks of diet and exercise the old fashion way, I have dropped 28.5 lbs. I use the Myfitnesspal app religiously with the initial intent to lose 30 lbs. in 12 weeks. But again my obsessive nature has taken over and I don't know where it will lead, but I like the results, I like my program, and I like the way I feel and I am looking for support thru the network for other like minds.

Replies

• poolchicko5
    poolchicko5 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Nice! Getting started back is definitely the hardest part for me!
  • daworley
    daworley Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success thus far! Great journey-story, I understand the whole learning part, as well, knowledge is king! It is so hard to restart - I have done it too many times to count!
  • cjdalla
    cjdalla Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Thanks for sharing on the restarting and obsessive nature. I'm wired that way too and the down side is I know I can fall off the wagon too.

Keep sharing!
  • kids07
    kids07 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!
  • saminabilal
    saminabilal Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • MikeMTrain
    MikeMTrain Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support, Hope to push thru the glass ceiling on my next Monday morning weigh in for the 30 lbs barrier. The only funny part about this is the timing. Why does it seem I start my diets in the fall? Holidays, food and every reason in the world to gorge. Haha
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!