Hi there! From No. California

Options
Hey there! I'm so excited that I joined this site. I don't have a "ton" of weight to lose, but enough that I'm not satisfied with where I am....17 pounds to go. Lucky 17, right? Anyway, I am hopeful and optimistic that this is the way to go. I hear journaling is the most effective way to lose weight and keep it off forever!

Any tips anyone for a newbie???

Replies

• Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm so excited that I joined this site. I don't have a "ton" of weight to lose, but enough that I'm not satisfied with where I am....17 pounds to go. Lucky 17, right? Anyway, I am hopeful and optimistic that this is the way to go. I hear journaling is the most effective way to lose weight and keep it off forever!

Any tips anyone for a newbie???
  • NeilinOz
    Options
    as a fellow newbie i have the following tips
    1. enjoy this site - it rocks
    2. eat little eat often
    3. water water water
    4. i allow myself a little treat at the end of every day - glass of red wine or a few squares of chocloate but only if ive eaten well and done my exercise .. i find the small "carrot" useful

good luck
  • mnm1028
    Options
    what is the small carrot?
  • NeilinOz
    Options
    the abovementioned glass of wine or small piece of chocolate
    "small carrot" as in "carrot or stick" approach to motivation
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome to MFP, I just wanted to wish you good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do this.
  • Mickie17
    Options
    I LOVE the carrot!!!! My two VERY favorite things in the whole world to eat!!!:smile:
  • NeilinOz
    Options
    hi Mickie - im liking the way yr thinking !
  • Mickie17
    Options
    hi Mickie - im liking the way yr thinking !

Rules to live buy: 1) Life's too short to NOT drink wine

2) Repeat Rule #1 :)

I live in CA, USA...kinda near the Napa area...acutally, I'm really close to our foothills....excellent Zinfandels----YUMMMMMMMMMMM!

I saw that you're from Sydney...are you familiar with a place called Pitt Town???
  • Coach2010
    Coach2010 Posts: 209
    Options
    Yea! Another Californian!

I'm down by Livermore, and there's about 50 wineries down here. I've worked through about a dozen or so ...just trying to pace myself. :laugh:

Ah...a Pinot Grigio, Shiraz, or White Cab. Hmmm, now I'm ready to leave work... but, what to cook for dinner???
  • yeahbuddy
    yeahbuddy Posts: 409
    Options
    Hi. I'm in California kinda by the Napa area too. Off Highway 128. Welcome to this website!
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Yea! Another Californian!

I'm down by Livermore, and there's about 50 wineries down here. I've worked through about a dozen or so ...just trying to pace myself. :laugh:

Ah...a Pinot Grigio, Shiraz, or White Cab. Hmmm, now I'm ready to leave work... but, what to cook for dinner???

Cook for dinner???? Don't you mean "drink your dinner?" HA!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm a total wine-o...love my wine!!!!! (And chocolate)! :smile: Who are some of your favorite wineries in your neck of the woods?
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Hi. I'm in California kinda by the Napa area too. Off Highway 128. Welcome to this website!

Is that over above Napa/Calistoga area? I'm over in the Sacto area.
  • lovejoy_nr
    lovejoy_nr Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey! I live in Vallejo. So about 5 mins from the Napa border and about 10-15 mins to some good wineries! I have a love for Sangiovese!
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Hey! I live in Vallejo. So about 5 mins from the Napa border and about 10-15 mins to some good wineries! I have a love for Sangiovese!

Ooohh delicious!!! You are so fortuante to be that close. My husband and I use to live in Vacaville, many years ago. We would drive over to Vallejo to hit our favorite little hole-in-the wall Mexican restaurant. Now we go there to take the kids to Marine World (or whatever it's ebing called these days). I remember when it was l;ocated in Redwood City and was Marine World Africa USA. :)

Enjoy the site, it's fun!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Hey another Californian here......Concord/Pleasant Hill here!

Welcome to the group!

GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hey ... great to have you! I'm a fellow NoCal gal myself.
    My tip - don't get discouraged. Over the course of 2-3 years I lost like 50 pounds, but for a year I've been battling to get the last 10 off, and not quite getting there. But... it took some time to put on and it WILL come off if I keep at it! (I found that the closer you get to the goal, the tougher the loss seems to be). :explode: And MFP is a super way to stay on track!
    So stick with it - you can do it!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Any yet another Californian here!! I'm in Berkeley...glad to know there are MFPers close by!!:happy: :happy:
  • Coach2010
    Coach2010 Posts: 209
    Options
    Tamas Estates, Little Valley, and Red Feather. Red Feather is a hoot. Family run, always has fun activities...oh, and they also sell wine. :laugh:
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Tamas Estates, Little Valley, and Red Feather. Red Feather is a hoot. Family run, always has fun activities...oh, and they also sell wine. :laugh:

Thanks so much CoachLou....If you ever get up to my neck of the woods, (Sierra Foohills), we LOVE Sierra Knolls (it's worth the LONG drive on the winding gravel road), Nevada City Winery and the one on the main drag in Nevada City is something like Indians Hills.
  • yeahbuddy
    yeahbuddy Posts: 409
    Options
    Hey, Mickie, nope, I'm on the other side of Berryessa, just past Montecello Dam.