Suggestions Needed

Options
Hi All,

I'm looking for some low calorie snacks. I seem to get really hungry in the evening, usually for carbs. and I don't want to blow my goal right at the end of the day! I need an alternative from carrots and sugar snap peas and it also needs to be low in sugar as I'm usually over my limit by then too! I am also gluten-free.
Any suggestions? Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I love the thinsation packs. One bag is 100 calories but there is a lot in there and you feel like you are eating more... plus it tastes like the cookies you love!
  • jenlw88
    jenlw88 Posts: 71
    Options
    fruit sneaks and fruit or my special peanut butter and banana wrap or my fruit salad
  • stellarchic06
    stellarchic06 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I also like the 100 calorie packs. That way I still get my chocolate and don't go over!!!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I love 100cal mut packets i get teh souther grove brand at aldi but the emerald brand is sold everywhere. I also like greek yogurt 80 -140 cals depending on plain or fruited, Popcorn, carrefully measure peanut butter, blueberrie or strawberris are my favorites.
  • cjfoster
    cjfoster Posts: 36
    Options
    Atkins bars are good...low carb, low cal and packed with protein.
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    emerald nuts dark chocolate roast almonds and dried sweetened cranberries. half a serving of each. weird, but they're great together.

oh and of course skip the cranberries if you're low on sugar. just means you can eat more almonds ;)
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    Try some peanuts and water. When I eat those two together, i get full. Also Try some jerky (watch out for the sodium though)
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite evening snacks is a small bowl of cereal and one of my favorites is Nature's Path - Organic Gluten Free Crunchy Maple Sunrise Cereal with 1/2 to 3/4 cup skim milk :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    If you're craving carbs at night, try to eat a healthy carb. Carrots dipped in hummus or low-fat ranch or peanut butter... if you're HUNGRY at night, go for protein, nuts, seeds, peanut butter. One serving is typically under 200 calories.
  • nikkirosem
    nikkirosem Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I usually have non fat greek yogurt with some berries.
  • vickibboston
    Options
    Edamame with a little salt and lime is a good snack.
  • Trulyfree
    Trulyfree Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks everyone who replied so far!
  • Monkeylost
    Monkeylost Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Chocolate rice cakes or sultanas
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    celery with laughing cow or other flavored cheese
    ff or rf popcorn
    yogurt
    granola
    raisins
    nuts
    wasabi peas
    beef jerky
    veggies and hummus/other dips
    string cheese
  • kkerri
    kkerri Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled egg, edemame, greek yogurt, & 100 calorie packs of almonds are what I try to go for.