Here it comes, a trip to New Orleans...

Options
emilysusana
emilysusana Posts: 416 Member
edited October 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been kicking butt, eating well, getting fit for about 2.5 months now. It's becoming second nature. Tomorrow, I leave without my husband and kids to meet up with my college friends where we went to college... New Orleans. It's only for 3 days, but I'm so anxious about derailing this whole thing. I know that's irrational. I will get back on track. But I need you guys to wish me luck. I'm having waking nightmares about regaining 10 lbs in one weekend! How does one go to NOLA and not eat all the food?

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Good Luck and do you have room for 1 more? :)

Love Love Love New Orleans and 5 pounds weight gain is worth it to me! All in for Beignets and strong coffee.. :)
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Boiled seafood is very low in calories. Order the blackened redfish. Also shrimp creole but don't eat all the rice. I live near New Orleans and go there all the time. There are healthy options on the menus.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Walk, walk, and walk some more!
    I loved New Orleans!
    Have a blast!!!!
  • kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    The treks around Bourbon, Canal St, and the quarters will help you burn off the beignets, etoufee, and oyster po-boys. Go (or should I say come, I'm from here) and have a great time. LMBO