Deducting calories from packaged food

Options
Hi
For convenience I often end up buying pots of mixed veg to microwave. They often contain butter. I generally take out half the butter as it's too much!
Is there a way to adjust calories and macronutrients from the packaged list?
Taking my out the butter changes the whole ratio of nutrients.
Thanks!
Phil

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    How much butter do you take out? Tablespoon? Can you weigh it? Tablespoon of butter is 100 calories, deduct that amount from your mixed vegetables.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    How much butter do you take out? Tablespoon? Can you weigh it? Tablespoon of butter is 100 calories, deduct that amount from your mixed vegetables.

I'd do this, OP. You're talking about a butter sauce that you can spoon off, right?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Buy the plain ones and add your own butter.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    You can enter negative serving sizes for food items on the web/desktop version, but not the mobile apps.

Weigh the amount of the item, such as butter, that you remove.
    Go to the MFP web/desktop version - you can use the browser on your smartphone to open the web/desktop version.
    Search for the item in the Food Diary, such as "butter salted" or "butter without salt."
    Enter a negative quantity for the serving size.

Alternately, on the mobile app, enter a positive serving size for the item. Then remember to edit that serving size to change it to a negative quantity when you have access to the web/desktop version.
  • ptphilpt
    ptphilpt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your ideas. It's CyberTone's that fits perfectly. Being able to deduct from on the desktop version will be great.
    It's a package of veg with two patties of butter in. I take the be out before microwaving!
    Thanks!
  • slickmickey
    slickmickey Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    CyberTone wrote: »
    You can enter negative serving sizes for food items on the web/desktop version, but not the mobile apps.

omg i never knew you could do that! THANK YOU!