Starting Today.... question please.

Hi everyone, have a question, today is my first day, when you add your exercise it increases your calories, am I to eat those extra calories? or do I leave them there? Not sure exactly how all that works...thanks so much!!

Replies

• EuroDriver
    EuroDriver Posts: 254
    umm you will hear diffrant things... but i think when you are cutting eating back those calories is just silly... so if you are trying to loose weight i wouldnt eat them back...

at the moment im bulking again and yes i try to eat back SOME not all of my excersise calories..
  • Shanell802
    Shanell802 Posts: 37
    Some will say yes and some will say no. I would advise you to click on search in the message boards, and look at the responses when others have asked this same question. That will be helpful. Personally, I eat most of my calories back, but I think it's ok not to. But I only burn about 150 cals or less per day, so it's not that big of a deal. If you burn a lot more, you should eat some of them back.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    I think it's all up to you. If you feel hungry at the end of the day and you still have calories left, I'd eat. It means your body needs more nutrients after your workout.

Welcome to the site!!! :)
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    I don't eat them back all the time or at least not all of them back. I like to have a buffer for if my measurements are off or exercise calories are overestimated.. have been losing consistently and am on a 1200 diet. I find in general I stagnate have 2 days a week slightly over and the rest under 1200 net.. it's all individual though.
  • Liz1dixon
    Liz1dixon Posts: 7 Member
    If you`re not hungry - dont eat them. I try to stick to my 1200 cals per day, however, if I have gone over my intake, I usually exercise to try to work the calories off.
  • jenlw88
    jenlw88 Posts: 71
    u dont want eat over ur calories whither it ur goal or excercise calories. it ok if u eat enough or under ur calories. anyways welcome to the site
  • catecn
    catecn Posts: 84
    depends totally on how much you are working out
  • Astar123
    Astar123 Posts: 3
    how am i suppose tostart
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Everyone has a different take on this very question on here. For me if I am hungry for those extra calories then I eat them if not then I dont. Just listent to your body and do what works for you. But just make sure that you are eating at least 1200 calories so you dont deprieve your body of what it really needs. Also, you can add me as a friend too :)
  • debdptg
    debdptg Posts: 94 Member
    I generally am more successful when I eat back some of my exercise calories. I treat them as my buffer, kind of like 'free choice' time.
  • promiseskept
    promiseskept Posts: 119
    I have ate some of mine back. You are basing your calorie intake upon your activity level, when you burn more you get to add those to your intake calories because it was not calculated in earlier. Its bonus, sometimes you will need them. I have eaten most of mine back regularly and have lost 39 pounds.
  • debdptg
    debdptg Posts: 94 Member
    how am i suppose tostart

Start what?
  • Astar123
    i just started how am i suppose to start even though im still spectical about this website
  • You are supposed to Net 1200 calories a day. If you don't your body could go into starvation mode. Every time you add an exercise it subtracts the calories burned from the calories you've eaten. You don't have to eat them all back, but make sure you eat enough back so you Net 1200 calories or more.
  • Astar123
    idk start this whole program
  • cjasins
    cjasins Posts: 93
    If your not sure about it you can always eat them back and check your progress in 2 weeks. If your not losing you'll need to cut them but if you cut them and are still not losing you may not have your calories set high enough.
  • bootiesmama
    bootiesmama Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I guess I would say, you start by accepting that whatever goes in your mouth, you log. If you cheat and don't log it, no one but you will know. If you "cheat" you are only cheating yourself. You will find that this site is very comprehensive. It has almost any food that you may eat in it's database already and a wide selection of exercises imputed as well. I treat my calories like my checkbook. If there is calories available, I can spend them on whatever I want. If I only have a small amount left, I should probably choose to spend them on something important. If you haven't had dinner yet, and only have 300 calories remaining for the day, a handfull of oreos probably aren't the best choice to have. A grilled chicken salad would go way further to fill you up. It's all about regaining control of our bodies. And loving ourselves enough to make an effort to get healthy. I hope that helps at least a little to get you started. You've already done the hard part by signing up. Now just follow the direction of the site.
  • ragazza67
    ragazza67 Posts: 4
    Thank you so much for all your help! I will definitely give it a try and see how it works out for me.:happy: