Need help

Options
So I woke up put on a cute outfit and felt like a million dollars, went to supermarket felt great went into town and I noticed girls would pass by and laugh at me others were like can you believe that, or did you see that. I went from feeling amazing to felling like crap while I was out, I put my bag in front of my stomach and put my head down and try to get what I had to get done quickly and leave town centre quickly.

Little about me I wear i size 8 to 10 uk I have 20lbs to lose I'm 5'3 and 163.6 lbs I have a swollen uterus due to very large fibroids and lots of them. If I wear a size 12 top it looks big in the arms so I need to wear a size 10 top. I look at what I was wearing and realise my stomach looked massive compare to the trousers. I now feel really really low.

I know on one hand that I can't help the way I look no amount of excerise will reduce my stomach right now I need to wait on a gynie appointment then have my operation.

But my confidence is now at a all time low I think I'm angry that I spent 3 months trying to lose weight and have lost nothing which is making me feel very fraustrated. Work out 6days per week for 2 hours it makes me feel good. I try to set mfp to .5lbs a week no weight loss went to 1lbs a week no weight loss I'm anemic at the moment.

Wow I really needed to get that off my chest.

Rereading this I just realise my angry at not losing weight as maybe make me too sensitive to the comments hell I can't help it, why should I allow someone to make me feel bad about something I have no control over. I decided to post this anyway in case it helps someone else.

Replies

• Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Who cares what anyone else thinks? It' s how you feel that's IMPORTANT!!! Keep up with the exercise and it will start to show. Like a lot of other people on here have said, you didn't gain it over night, so you're not going to lose it over night. I have been thinking about this a lot and it's so true, it does take awhile for the weight loss to show. Keep up the good work, and to hell with what others think!!!!!
  • rosey35
    rosey35 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You make sense
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Geez, where do you live that people openly pass comment on someone who, by the sounds of things, looks no different to anyone else going about their business? Are you perhaps seeing and hearing things that aren't there due to feeling quite down on yourself?

I happen to be someone who dresses and styles myself in a way that naturally draws attention and even I barely hear actual out loud comments from people, regardless what size I've been.

I hope you can find a way to be more confident within yourself and that you get treatment soon.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Unless they are paying your bills pay those *kittens* no mind.

That being said if I were you I would wonder if I'm just hearing things or assuming that someone is talking about me when in reality I'm not even on their radar. I wear things that some people would consider to be inappropriate for my age or weight, but it's what I feel good in even if my flaws are on display.
  • rosey35
    rosey35 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    No they were definitely talking about me the looking back and laughing and the incident were it was just me when the women pass by made me definitely know it was me, no ifs and or buts about it.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Are you absolutely certain those comments were about you? A size 10-12 and people are openly laughing at you? That is hard to believe unless you live in an area where everyone is thin as well as unspeakably rude. If that had been me I might even have said something along the lines of "Do you mind? I have a medical condition and I'm waiting on an operation." It's a quick way to shut people up and maybe teach them a little lesson.

Honestly, do your best to brush it off. If it's a temporary medical condition you won't have to worry about it for too long in the big scheme of things anyway. You have every right to feel good about what you've accomplished so far. Wear your cute outfits and hold your head up high.

ETA: Just read a later post where you're certain it was about you. You just had the bad luck to run across some immature little *kitten*. Their problems are about them, not you. Most people who are mean like that have their own insecurities and that's their way of trying to overcome them.