any advice, im new!

Options
lacking serious motivation and dont know why!!!
because i want to loose weight more than anything, im deeply unhappy with the way i look and its seriously affecting my day to day life. any advice atall would be great :cry:

Replies

• Ajontheguitar
    Options
    Make the calorie intake a game! I'm very competitive even with myself and I have done so well the first week. You can do it! Anytime you get a bad craving or slip up, come here, everyone cheers you up! Feel free to add!
  • bode1all
    bode1all Posts: 28
    Options
    You need to look at this as a one day at a time type thing. You can't be in the mind frame that you are going to start eating healthy and working out and 4 days later you will be the size you want to be. Start with small realistic goals. I have fallen off the wagon, gotten back on and fallen off yet again. Today is my day 1 of about a million. But I won't give up because I'm worth it and so are you. My first goal is just to stay within my calories for the day. And tomorrow it will be the same. You have to build back up your inner confidence before attacking any lofty goals. Another big motivator for myself has also been signing up for races. I started with my first 5k in october of 2009. Less than a month ago I ran my first full marathon. I suggest starting small, maybe even a one mile race. Its fun and it helps to keep you accountable when you sign up for somethign and pay for it. Hope this helps and please add me as a friend if you want some more day to day motivation. :-)
  • lorabaybai
    lorabaybai Posts: 43
    Options
    hey, thank yous.

it really is a confidence thing, dont bileve in myself atall anymore, be it that my body has changed dramaticly post baby or battling through post natal depression. im better now and i have came to realise that obviously your body is never going to be the same after having a kid its NATURAL but can i really learn to if not love, at least be able to bare my body?
  • BarnDogBob
    BarnDogBob Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Get a bunch of friends on here and see how everyone else struggles through these changes. Some wins, some losses but definitely a lot of support and motivation. You are not alone and there are a lot of us here who really want to help you reach your goals while we reach ours.
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    Remember that while many will always love your body, it is first you who must do so. Learn to love yourself as you are now. To love yourself is to encourage health and improvement too! Love yourself, but always strive to make yourself as good as you want to feel.
  • lorabaybai
    lorabaybai Posts: 43
    Options
    Remember that while many will always love your body, it is first you who must do so. Learn to love yourself as you are now. To love yourself is to encourage health and improvement too! Love yourself, but always strive to make yourself as good as you want to feel.

you sure do have a way with words, thank you xxx