Hi everyone =) I need help!

My name is Markayla, I'm 20 years old and I am struggling with my eating patterns. In high school I went through a phase where I was very restrictive with my food. Since then I have been a binge eater and gained 30 lbs. I have tried to diet many times and I never make it past the two week mark. I need a change and I have to become a healthier person. Any motivation to get me going would be verrry much appreciated!! I need to change my life!

Replies

• tsaenz09
    tsaenz09 Posts: 30
    Welcome! This is the place to be! Everyone is so supportive and really helps you to stay on track so you'll make it past your two week mark! Good luck girl!
  • KBomar2
    KBomar2 Posts: 157 Member
    I hung the pair of pants I wanted to fit back into on the wall in my bathroom. Sounds weird but it motivates me every time I get out of the shower. I also have a friend who hung a picture of herself 20lbs lighter inside her pantry so she wouldn't be tempted to grab more food. Good luck!
  • Hi Markayla, I'm also 20 years old and have exactly the same problem, I binge eat most of the time and need to become healthier. Do you eat breakfast? I've found since I've started eating breakfast and small snacks like fruit that I binge eat less, hope this helps.
  • dpogarcia
    dpogarcia Posts: 2
    Hi Markayla,

I know what you mean, it's so hard to lose weight. One thing that has helped me in the past, trying reading health magazines. Muscle and Fitness for Her is a good one. They have a ton of ideas of workouts and meals that are healthy and leave you feeling good. I just lost almost 20 lbs but i started in January. It's been hard, even with appetite suppressants. Let me know if this helps.
    -Norma
  • MelissaRosexXx
    MelissaRosexXx Posts: 11 Member
    welcome, I can really relate, im new to this too, people have been great support
  • Yes ma'am!! This is a great place for support. Everyone knows what struggles you are facing. Chin up you're beautiful!
  • I am very new to this site and I can already see the support! We can help keep eachother on track!
  • Hi friend! I can tell you the best way for me to stay on track is to stay on this website allll day. :)
    The people on here are fabulous!
    The articles/posts are not only helpful but inspiring!

Best of luck sweetie and thanks for the add! :)
  • I am already so inspired and thank you all so much for replying! This super addicting, and I would love to make new friends with all of you all so please add me!!