I dont know how to gain weight :(

Options
2»

Replies

• TryNaDoBetter
    TryNaDoBetter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    leahpohh99 wrote: »
    Im 5'5 and 108...because I am so tall of course I look way smaller than I am and I am underweight for my height. Please help Im trying to start drinking Ensure plus. With at least one of meals but Im confused on my calories.

Hello Leah...nice to meet u!
    Let me tell u that I am 5'8 and I weigh 123... I am also on a mission to gain weight. I would like to weigh 143lbs.
    Since joining fitness pal, I have been eating 2030 + calories per day. My appetite has improved lil. I have learned that it is easier to gain weight when u actually log calorie intake and meet goals daily. Please request me. I would love to share this journey with u as we gain weight together. Have a great day and eat more ...RHONA
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    To gain, you don't need shakes/supplements. Just set up mfp to gain and eat those calories.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1
    travisk8s wrote: »
    Drink lots of soda and have ice cream after dinner lol that's what did it for me. Seriously though, try using the Ensure and ice cream and making a milk shake. More calories and it tastes a lot better too. We did this for my aunt who was severely underweight and it helped her immensely because she wouldn't touch the Ensure alone.

Don't do this... Soda and ice cream isn't healthy

Eat more dairy though, yogurt, cottage cheese, pudding even. Increase HEALTHY fats into meals n snacks. For example: put nut butter onto apple and banana slices or wholegrrrain crackers. Instead of water choose 100 percent fruit juice, milk or vegetable juice if you have a juicer in your pantry.. Eat strategically. When you sit down for a meal, eat the highest calorie foods first before your stomach is full. Eat ever 3-4 hours howu may have difficulty gaining weight because your appetite is small so don't try to overindulge at meals.

Hope this helps!

There is absolutely nothing with ice cream and soda if it helps OP obtain her calorie goals and she cannot eat more food.

• bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    travisk8s wrote: »
    Drink lots of soda and have ice cream after dinner lol that's what did it for me. Seriously though, try using the Ensure and ice cream and making a milk shake. More calories and it tastes a lot better too. We did this for my aunt who was severely underweight and it helped her immensely because she wouldn't touch the Ensure alone.

Don't do this... Soda and ice cream isn't healthy

Eat more dairy though, yogurt, cottage cheese, pudding even. Increase HEALTHY fats into meals n snacks. For example: put nut butter onto apple and banana slices or wholegrrrain crackers. Instead of water choose 100 percent fruit juice, milk or vegetable juice if you have a juicer in your pantry.. Eat strategically. When you sit down for a meal, eat the highest calorie foods first before your stomach is full. Eat ever 3-4 hours howu may have difficulty gaining weight because your appetite is small so don't try to overindulge at meals.

Hope this helps!

I will probably fall over dead from all the ice cream I eat. All that milk, cream and sugar oh no!

Apples, bananas, fruit juice all have sugar. You also suggested milk.
  • Guitarman1994
    Guitarman1994 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Stay away from sugar.. you are trying to gain lean weight not fat! Only time to have sugar is post training and that's only if it's intense enough where you need to replace what you've lost.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Stay away from sugar.. you are trying to gain lean weight not fat! Only time to have sugar is post training and that's only if it's intense enough where you need to replace what you've lost.

Complete broscience. Sugar can help stimulate insulin and activate mTOR and MPS.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

Please ignore this information as it is a complete fallacy.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

complete and utter bro-science...please ignore...

if you are gaining weight some of it is going to be fat, there is no way to gain 100% muscle.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

*groan*
    Broscience.

It's all about calories.