"If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up!"

Options
Hey everyone! My name is Alea, I live in WA state and this quote has helped me stay on the right path. For too long it has been the same story over and over again. I'd lose a bunch of weight, only to gain it right back. Well, enough is enough! I'm not gonna quit this time. This is a change for life. My health is in jeopardy. What was the lightbulb moment for me? Well, let's start here.

I was diagnosed with MS back in 2007. It wasn't until now that I came out of denial and accepted the fact. I started taking medication earlier this year, injections, and thought "hey, this isn't so bad." That's until my body got cranky and started to reject the treatment. I was tired, frustrated, had no energy and depressed. I already have a low tolerance towards medication and the injection I was on, was the safest on the market. I was not willing to sign up for another medication that could cause liver failure or heart failure! I didn't know what to do, but I knew I needed to get healthy.

In the midst of this, I had been gaining weight, not eating properly, and smoking. Yeah, smoking. Something that is not acceptable for MS patients to do. Studies have shown that it makes symptoms worse. :neutral:

Then one day, my friend reached out to me with an opportunity to be a health and wellness coach. I didn't know where to start and didn't think that could be me! After all, I'm overweight and have terrible habits. Then something happened when I was introduced to the community of like minded people. I started to see inspiration from all different people, all different walks of life, all striving for the same thing. To live a happy and healthy life. Everyone was so positive and welcoming and we were all developing ourselves from the inside out. It was (is) amazing!

Since I started being a health and wellness coach, 9/5/16, I've been making small, smart choices consistently over time to make radical changes. I have more energy, more focus and I have hope! I've lost 11.6lbs and 10.4in, quit smoking, quit chocolate, and I'm eating clean everyday!! :smiley: AND I've inspired 5 other people just this month towards a better future! There's nothing better in this world than the feeling of helping others succeed to their greatest potential by believing in them and leading by example :smile: If I can do it, anyone can! And I love to share that :smile:

Well, that's me and my story :wink: hehe
Feel free to add me! I'm always looking to meet new people to be inspired by and be held accountable to. :sweat_smile:

Until we meet again, here's my closing quote.
"The major key to your better future is YOU." - Jim Rohn

Replies