How long did you notice

After starting your diet how long did it take you to notice results with your body?

Replies

• tooru
    tooru Posts: 72 Member
    didn't notice until i lost around 35lbs
  • shakspeare99
    shakspeare99 Posts: 14 Member
    I noticed results slowly. Not at least until 1-2 months but after that the remainder of the weight came off quickly
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    The more you have to lose the longer it's going to take to notice. It's the same with clothing sizes. You'll drop clothing sizes with fewer pounds lost when you're closer to a healthy weight.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    I wanna say about 12 lb or so.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited October 2016
    It depends on how much you have to lose...if you have a lot to lose, for example, 100 Lbs +, 5 and 10 Lbs here and there isn't really going to make much of a difference in the way you look and you would have to lose quite a bit before it was really noticeable...someone who has 10-20 Lbs on the other hand can look dramatically different after just 5 or so Lbs.

I lost about 40 Lbs...the first 20 (220 - 200) wasn't hugely noticeable as most of the weight was coming off of my extremities...there was some difference in my face, but you really had to be paying attention...220 - 190 there was a dramatic difference in my face but I still carried quite a bit of belly...190 - 180 was a massive difference.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    I noticed my clothes were looser within the first 10 lbs, 2 weeks. It took months for me to "see" it in the mirror because my perception was off.
  • jofaithisfit
    jofaithisfit Posts: 94 Member
    I always lose from my face first and that took about two weeks. More energy and minimal fatigue was a good indicator too!
  • bblue656
    bblue656 Posts: 159 Member
    More energy was basically right away. Probably about 2 weeks. Results in my body was not until about 40 lbs.
  • Dove0804
    Dove0804 Posts: 213 Member
    SueInAz wrote: »
    The more you have to lose the longer it's going to take to notice. It's the same with clothing sizes. You'll drop clothing sizes with fewer pounds lost when you're closer to a healthy weight.

Exactly this.

I started at 260 lbs. After I had lost 43 lbs, I remember feeling frustrated because I still didn't really look or feel different. It wasn't until I passed below the 200-lb mark (or somewhere around there) that it became obvious. It happened kind of suddenly.

I'm 177 lbs now. To be honest, most days I just don't feel any different. When you wear clothes that are too big, it makes you look/feel bigger, but it's getting harder and harder to keep up a decent wardrobe. It took me maybe 30 lbs at first to lose a dress size (but I kept wearing the same clothes anyway), but now it's only taking about 15 lbs.

I don't know if you've ever heard this, but on the boards people like to call it the "paper towel effect". If you have a full roll of paper towels, and remove a couple sheets, the roll won't look much different. As you get closer and closer to the center of the roll, a couple sheets removed make a much bigger difference. I've also heard it referred to the toilet paper roll effect.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited October 2016
    SueInAz wrote: »

Yep! It took me about 50 lb to notice a slight difference, and then exactly at 218 pounds (90 pounds lost) my body transformed as if overnight. Strangely enough, this also happens to be the cut off point between class I and II obesity. My next cut off point will be in 20 lbs, I'm curious to see if it has the same effect. The whole process is pretty amusing to me. Keep at it, you will see it eventually.
  • Habiteer
    Habiteer Posts: 190 Member
    Not sure. Took a while to tell. But if you take pictures of yourself, before and after, then you can tell pretty easily after a month. Just flip between the two photos.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,300 Member
    so far i lost 18lbs (i'm 175 now) my tummy looks flatter but otherwise i really don't see a difference yet BUT i put on jeans i got before summer and they are loose. I can pull them right off without unbuttoning them!