I Know I'm In Here Somewhere

Options
I have 100 pounds to lose, which is the most terrible, daunting number. I'm bad about weight loss because most of the time I go to extremes, drop 5 stone, then gain it all back and some. I just graduated college and I want to start the next chapter of life healthy, instead of the way I am now. Maybe this year will be the year I make real changes...

Replies

• erinthefirst
    Options
    I have 100 pounds to lose, which is the most terrible, daunting number. I'm bad about weight loss because most of the time I go to extremes, drop 5 stone, then gain it all back and some. I just graduated college and I want to start the next chapter of life healthy, instead of the way I am now. Maybe this year will be the year I make real changes...
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

Hi, and welcome.
    Don't worry, you've definitely come to the right place to help you make the changes you want to!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
    As for exercise, it doesn't HAVE to be horrible and body killing! :laugh:
    I take a walk almost every day, (when the weather cooperates, which is HASN'T been, here in the sticks of NH!) and also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored. :smile:
    If you should start to get discouraged, try looking at some of the members profiles who have lost a fair amount of weight, and it will keep you motivated to lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • hulfan
    hulfan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I joined about 2 or 3 weeks ago.
    I agree with everything BrenNew said.
    Make sure you get yourself a ticker, I find that it really motivates me because iwant to see it creeping forwards, not backwards.
    Good luck
    H
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site, I do. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have good luck with your weight loss journey and you can do this!!!!!!!!!! I have 156 pounds to lose to reach my goal of 136.