When do you weigh in?

Options
I know the go-to time is first thing in the morning when you're closest to your "fighting weight". I prefer just before going to bed. I just feel at that time is closest to my overall, walking around weight and that if I'm happy with it then, I'm good at any time.

When do you weigh yourself and why then?

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I found a chart of somebody else's weight and I just put in their numbers every day because they seemed to do a good job so they must know what they're doing.
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Once a week, usualy about 5 after eating all day,
  • tlobatomfp
    tlobatomfp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    First thing every morning. I could not do it at night because it would not be motivating.
  • amcalmond768
    amcalmond768 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    EJJKMc6 wrote: »
    I rarely weigh myself anymore. I can tell if I'm gaining or losing by how my clothes fit

That's how I do it! The scale drives me crazy!!!!
  • peterbuller8
    peterbuller8 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Every day but log friday morning
  • 603PIPER
    603PIPER Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I prefer the morning "fighting weight" for motivation purposes, but when I get closer to a PT test for work, I start weighing in at night so I know what I am weighing with water and a meal in me
  • Moonlitriver17
    Moonlitriver17 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Every morning as soon as I wake up. Why? Because my nutritionist told me to. I didn't want to, and it was a struggle for me at first, but as time goes by I realize what an awesome tool it is to keep me on track every single day.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    In the morning, once a month.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    at the moment, just out of curiosity, every morning after getting up and peeing and or pooping.

previously, once a week after a gym session in the middle of the day after eating 2 meals already.

• Dokota2021
    Dokota2021 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Whenever I go to 1 particular gym of the 3 gyms I visit. I like the scale there because it's about 2lbs under being correct. Makes me feel good and at least it's consistent. Ha!
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Whenever I am in one of those fancy makeshift IKEA rooms.
  • Tr4pQueen
    Tr4pQueen Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh, I check my clothes and mirror. I probably weigh more than I ever have but look much better than I did a month ago.

^ I'm with this dude!
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    I weigh when I think I've lost enough weight that when I see the number on the scale I smile.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I weigh in whenever I want, just to see where I am. But, officially I weigh in every Thursday morning after my workout and before breakfast. I do it this way for a couple of reasons.. on the weekends I tend to grill/bbq/smoke meats a lot which means a lot of sodium. On Mondays and Tuesdays there are usually leftovers for lunches which is more sodium. But by Wednesday I try to reduce sodium, drink more water, and then by Thursday morning I can usually shed the extra water weight gained from the weekend sodium debauchery. I figure after my workout my stomach is empty and it's the best time to judge my actual body weight. As I eat throughout the day I gain weight (of course) so that is why Thursday mornings after my workout but before breakfast. ;)