Sodium question

Options
So, i had too much today...

I think i read somewhere that drinking a crapload of water helps?

I know Im not gonna ruin all my progress but how bad is it really?

Replies

• kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Just stay hydrated. You'll likely see a spike in the scale due to water retention - but you know it's not fat and it should come off in a few days. I will say that I've had water weight stick around for more than a week, but I suspect that's because I'm a lady and TOM complicates things ;)

You'll be fine!
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    If you stayed within your calories, you're fine. Even if you'd gone over, it's not ruining anything - just delaying reaching the end by a bit.

Don't go overboard and triple your water intake or anything. Overhydrating can cause its own set of issues.

Just get back to your usual tomorrow, drink a little extra water and call it good.

~Lyssa
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Unless you have a medical condition that is exacerbated by sodium, you have zero to worry about. Like the other poster said above, you'll have some water retention but that will not affect your calorie deficit or your fat loss goals.
  • corazombie
    corazombie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I try to get a little over a half gallon of water a day. I wont stress about it and stay under my calories.
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I do drink a lot of water to flush it out of my system. It works for me.