What is an example of what you eat in a day for weight loss?

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 125g cottage cheese with 2tsp of Frank's Red Hot
    Lunch: Pork and black bean chili (bulked out with mishrooms and zucchini)
    Dinner: 2 homemade beef, Shiraz and green peppercorn sausages, with 100g potato mashed with 1 triangle Laughing Cow Cheese, and medley of cauliflower, asparagus, broccoli and brussel sprouts:
    Snacks: Tom Yum cuppa-soup, 2 corn this with spicy pumpkin harissa dip, 21 grams lindt dark chcocolate, tea with 1tsp sugar and a dash of milk

Please elaborate on spicy pumpkin harissa dip...
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    On gym days

Breakfast - chicken breast, mushrooms, and egg whites with salsa. About 500 calories

Lunch - some type of fish and green beans. About 450 calories

Dinner - lean meat, egg whites, brown rice, and quinoa. About 600 calories

Post workout - protein shake or Greek yogurt + whey. About 200-225 calories

Snack - a few blackberries. About 50 calories
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    yesterday -

breakfast - 1 packet of OatFit oatmeal plus shake (8 oz almond milk, chocolate protein powder, 3 cups of spinach and 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter)

lunch - salad (butter lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, chicken breast and chunky blue cheese yogurt dressing)

snacks - Ostrim jerky stick, FitJoy Mint Crisp protein bar, 100 cal pack of cashew halves & pieces

pre-workout - 1 serving of extra dark pretzels

post-workout - 1/2 an English muffin with 2 tbsp peanut butter, protein powder in water (a lazy meal)

~1400 cal (156p/100c/40f) - my macros are 160p/100c/45f on workout days
  • Babycakes4814
    Babycakes4814 Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Most days......

Breakfast
    1/3 cup of oatmeal, or 1 1/4 cup of shredded wheat cereal or 5 egg whites w/1 oz cheese
    and
    6 oz of any fruit w/1 oz walnuts and cinnamon

Snacks 2boiled egg or 1 oz nuts

Lunch and dinner
    8 oz raw veggies
    8 oz cooked veggies
    4 oz protein (steak lamb chicken seafood etc)
    6 oz fruit

No sugar or flour.
    I have decaf coffee with cream and 1 equal sweetener.
    I don't do too well with processed carbs or sweets. Since eating this way I rarely get cravings of any kind. And I weigh and measure.

Calories 1200-1500
  • claraoswold
    claraoswold Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: protein bar and apple purée with instant green tea.
    Lunch: salad with garlic croutons, no dressing, applesauce and a pudding cup.
    Dinner: meat, starch, veggies. Usually steak, taters, carrots or something like that.
    Desert: single serve ice cream.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Syntrax chocolate truffle protein powder mixed in water with 8 frozen strawberries and either a whole or a half of a banana
    Snack: Skyr - high in protein, low in carbs and fat.. around 140 calories 170 grams
    Lunch: Usually chicken breasts, a tiny bit of sweet potato or rice and a ton of salad (if I meal prepped, else it's a chicken salad from the store)
    Snack: Protein bar (210 calories or lower) or protein shake + an apple/pear
    Dinner: Chicken breast and tons of salad/ an omelette with lots of veggies and tiny ammount of ham/ Tuna fish and again, tons of salad.

If I haven't reach my protein goal I'll allow myself more of that chocolate truffle protein in water, around 100 calories 1 scoop and 23 g protein.
  • jonnakay
    jonnakay Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We tend to do take out or eat out way too often, I signed up for "Home Chef" meals delivered and took the low cal option. Breakfast for me, Coffee, protein bar or protein shake.
    Lunch, bowl of Special K with Almond Milk, or yogurt and granola, or sometimes oatmeal with another scoop of protein powder.
    Dinner Honestly, this is my weakness, because I just hate cooking anymore. So I make the Home Chef meals 2 nights a week, other nights, we have Rotisserie Chicken,with Dole Salad kits or with either Sweet Potatoes, Quinoa or in veggie wraps. I can make Rotisserie Chicken work in a lot of ways. I work during dinner on the weekends, but during that time, I usually pick up salads on the road, as I travel a lot during weekends for work. Snacks, veggies, yogurt, fruit, protein bars,rice cakes. I work out almost every day on the elliptical,which gives me extra calories,I typically try not to use them, but it is good to have that extra if you need it. Lots of gas stations have fresh fruit and yogurt options now, so that makes being on the road easier for sure!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Yesterday.

Breakfast
    1.5 cups of cheerios
    1/2 cup whole milk
    100 grams greek yogurt
    2 cups of coffee with my favorite coffee creamer

Lunch:
    Homemade beef barley soup 2 cups
    60 grams of honey wheat pretzels
    1 large Autumn Gold apple
    1 pack of fun size skittles

Afternoon snack
    Russian Zephir

Dinner
    330 grams Butternut squash
    2 links kirkwood turkey and cheddar sausage
    102 grams chicken breast
    2 tablespoons Carolina gold BBQ sauce
    4 slices Aldi Fit and Active wheat bread

Evening snack
    Belmont 1/2 fat Peaches and cream ice cream 1.25 cup.

Water 7 cups

*yes the things that are by the slice or cups were weighed out according to package information.

Total for the day 2,347

According to Fitbit my total burn (TDEE) for the day was 4,127.

I eat the same breakfast 5 days a week. Lunches are usually the same for a week because I batch cook my soups on my day off. Dinners vary quite a lot.

Diary is open.

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Today:

Breakfast:
    Two pumpkin spice tea lattes (black tea with pumpkin spice and 1/2 cup frothed Fairlife milk)
    1 large (122 grams) banana

Lunch:
    240 grams cottage cheese with chopped up carrots and celery (totaling about 350 grams) topped with sriracha

Afternoon Snack:
    300 grams sliced strawberries
    20 grams light Hershey's syrup
    Another latte

Dinner:
    "Beefy" Vegetarian Cauliflower Rice (Beyond Beef crumbles with riced cauliflower and soy sauce)

Post Dinner:
    100 grams popcorn spritzed with
    1 teaspoon oil sprinkled with
    1 teaspoon sugar
    and pumpkin spice

Total will come to somewhere around 1500 calories-ish.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    First, context: I'm 51 years old, female, maintenance, 5'6" 135-138 pounds.
    Mine's easy:
    Breakfast: protein and veg
    snack: nuts, seeds, fruit or cheese
    Lunch: protein and veg
    snack: nuts, seeds, fruit or cheese
    dinner: protein and veg...

Today, for example:
    br: scrambled eggs and asparagus
    sn: a couple of jujubes (fruit)
    lu: left over garlic broccoli and beef
    sn: small persimmon
    di: chicken and mixed vegetables
    a glass of chardonnay
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Breakfast: 125g cottage cheese with 2tsp of Frank's Red Hot
    Lunch: Pork and black bean chili (bulked out with mishrooms and zucchini)
    Dinner: 2 homemade beef, Shiraz and green peppercorn sausages, with 100g potato mashed with 1 triangle Laughing Cow Cheese, and medley of cauliflower, asparagus, broccoli and brussel sprouts:
    Snacks: Tom Yum cuppa-soup, 2 corn this with spicy pumpkin harissa dip, 21 grams lindt dark chcocolate, tea with 1tsp sugar and a dash of milk

Please elaborate on spicy pumpkin harissa dip...

I don't make it, I buy it, but it is delicious. I think I might have a go at making my own, my only complaint about this stuff is that its a bit watery:

827253.JPG

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Context - 40 y.o, female, slight deficit only, 168 cm, 59 kg, gym 4-5x per week lifting and other than that lots of walking and swimming 1x week during school term

breakfast - oats, protein, chia seeds, almond milk, maca powder, berries, PB2
    Lunch #1 - cucumber, peppers, carrot, tuna or chicken, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, bread of some sort
    Lunch #2 - rice, meat of some sort , salad, apple cider vinegar
    Dinner - either meat of some sort, vegetable or salad and pasta or rice OR repeat breakfast!
    If necessary pre-bed - yoghurt with protein powder or yoghurt with honey
    Occasionally a fruit snack after gym - like a banana.

1850 cals.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Banana (107-112 g)
    Black coffee 24 oz
    Snack: Greek yogurt-variable brands
    Lunch: Homeade pre made burrito (I do 2 kinds: an egg or a chicken) 230 to 270 calories
    Snack: light string cheese and 22 g roasted unsalted almonds
    Dinner: varies but 5 out of 7 days a week salad with chicken, hard boiled egg, cucumber, onion, feta, balsamic
    Snack: popcorn or protein bar or plum

1300 to 1380 calories

It's not perfect but I'm learning!
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    "Breakfast": coffee with sugar and a square of dark chocolate
    Lunch: black bean burger patty with spicy green sauce, 4 Disney Frozen chicken nuggets (I have kids, what can I say?)
    Snack: banana, Fage Greek yogurt
    Dinner: homemade Mexican pizza (wheat tortilla, salsa, shredded chicken breast, cheese, jalapeños), sautéed broccoli
    After dinner: 1 pumpkin Joe-Joe from Trader Joe's and a Coors light

1650 calories total
  • NJCJF
    NJCJF Posts: 134 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    today

breakfast- cheerios and smart bran skim milk and a banana
    lunch- chicken breast on whole wheat, small apple
    dinner-chicken sausage with peppers and onions on 1/2 a roll
    snacks- greek yogurt, fiber one brownie bar, fat free ice cream

tomorrow
    Breakfast- same
    lunch- half a PB&J on whole wheat, greek yogurt w fresh strawberries small apple
    dinner- home made chicken vegetable soup
    snacks- fiber one brownie bar, fudgesickle

I'm 5'4 and maintaining at 126-129lbs

I aim for about 1500 cal/day

breakfast doesn't vary much. sometimes I'll have oatmeal or veggies and egg white, lunch is sometimes salad or tuna, dinner varies the most. I'm addicted to fiber one bars and fudge pops and have those almost daily. together they are under 200 calories and fit into my goal.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Breakfast- Quaker Protein Cranberry Almond oatmeal - very small amount (less than 1/4 cup) of Pumpkin Flax granola - unsweetened almond milk to mix
    Lunch - Birdseye steamers Asparagus 1 pack - a can of tuna in water
    Snack - 2 cups watermelon
    Dinner - Can of tuna in water that I fry with curry flavor - Steamable spinach half the bag - Knorr Fiesta sides in Spanish rice flavor with a can of Margaret Holmes Tomatoes, okra corn mixed in (less than half bc I split it with the bf)
    Snack - one piece of homemade coconut oil chocolate
    Peppermint tea x2=0 cals but good for the soul

1,237 calories for today and that dinner is very filling!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Depends on what's in season and what I need to use up. At the moment I have lots of potatoes and winter squash.

Breakfast: currently on a smoothie kick, so I play around with different combinations. Today's was winter squash (previously cooked and refrigerated), summer squash, lots of spinach, some cherries (frozen), some greek yogurt, protein powder and some walnuts. (I decided I preferred the version with strawberries and PB2 I had a few days ago.)

Lunch: often a big salad with protein, sometimes leftovers, occasionally I feel like a sandwich or wrap.

Dinner: totally depends, but today I had a mix of potatoes, turnips, brussels sprouts, and broccoli with smoked salmon and cottage cheese on the side.

Snack: depends on workout schedule, usually fruit or nuts if I have one, but today I tried out a protein bar I was curious about.

Dessert: depends on calories, didn't have them today, but when I do it's either fruit, some kind of good cheese, or ice cream.
  • Starrydance07
    Starrydance07 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Now I just feel guilty about eating 200g sweet potatoes :(
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Why? What's wrong with that unless it's all you eat?
  • Starrydance07
    Starrydance07 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    breakfeast, cereal with milk and dreied Lily, one egg, 50g sweet potato
    Lunch, Stir-fried cabbage and eggplant,one steamed bun,one banana,20gChinese yam, 50 sweet potato, 70g spicy fish
    Dinner:100g boiled fungus with 100g sweet potato again!
    I know the portion of carb is excessive :(
    I need to restrain the appetite.