quick chicken recipes

Options
anyone know any easy and/or quick chicken recipes? i eat alot of chicken its cheap its tasty, just dont always have the time to cook a low-cal dinner with busy motherly duties. x

Replies

• mrsmichellewilson
    mrsmichellewilson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    put a chicken breast in the slow cooker with some salsa......cook, then shred to make tacos or etc. Delish and simple !
  • ehedges31
    ehedges31 Posts: 72
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com
  • aneumany
    aneumany Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    olive oil, salt and pepper...grill! delish! and a side of veggies, doesnt get any easier!
  • jazminr3
    jazminr3 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have made great quick delicious chicken recipes using
    www.eatingwell.com
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    Throw it in the crockpot with a marinade, or even dry italian dressing. One of our favorites:

Salsa Chicken

1 3-pound bag of boneless/skinless chicken breasts
    16 oz jar salsa
    1 can black beans, drained
    1 can corn, drained
    1 3 oz can sliced black olives

Dump it all in a large crockpot and cook on Low for 7 hours. Add a cup of brown rice, and stir to break up the chicken. Cook an additional hour. Serve with a dab of sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese.

Sometimes I add a block of low-fat cream cheese with the rice. It's wonderful in a soft taco, or as a baked potato topping, or you can turn it into soup by adding low sodium chicken broth.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    alot of my dinners include chicken for the sam reason!

Alof of the time I dice up and cook a couple chicken breats, throw some seasoning on the chicken ( something like all season or whatever you prefer

then I will grill some veggies - red onion, zucinni, green/red pepper - and then mix them together :) yummo. or try campbells chicken recpies - I am pretty sure they are quick and easy, not too sure about healthy tho!
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    The precook rotiserre chickens at the store/Costco, etc.... are great. Quick sandwiches, fajitas, tacos, stir fry, quesidillas or just on a salad w/low calorie low fat dressing.

Good luck!
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    There is a really tasty chicken recipe that is super simple. It is a Chicken Cheddar Apple Wrap. Just 2 ounces cooked chicken, 1 ounce cheddar cheese, a quarter of an apple, and some dijon mustard mixed with honey on a whole wheat tortilla. It is healthy, and totally refreshing during the summer heat!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Got this from a chef friend:

boneless, skinless chicken breast in a nonstick pan
    cook on medium heat, covered
    intermittently squirt lemon juice over cooking breast
    halfway through, add cayenne, smoked paprika, fresh ground peppercorns, garlic (no salt)
    add broccoli or whatever veggies you dig to the pan
    with the side of a wide knife, crush 30g (about an ounce) of roasted almonds and toss that in toward the end
    keep chicken covered whenever not turning or adding stuff and keep squirting the lemon juice
    serve w/ a little nonfat greek yogurt

Way easy.

Hope that helps! :drinker:
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I just cook up some boneless skinless chicken in a pan. add some veggies your own seasonings add chicken broth and thicken it up a bit with corn starch and then serve it all over rice, quinoa or noodles. It doesnt take long.
  • cheddarboy
    cheddarboy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    recently found this and am addicted:

1/4 cup cilantro
    3 tbsp oil
    2 garlic cloves or powder
    1 tsp cumin
    2 tsp dry crushed chili peppers

add chicken breasts to this and wait an hour - in fridge

then bbq or fry, add avacado, sliced red pepper and cheese to a wrap
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Well, I cooked today, chicken breast with mustard and mushrooms and it was ready pretty quickly.

First of all I cut the chicken (500gr) into cubes. After I mixed it with the juice from half a lemon, 1 tablespoon mild mustard, and 1 glove? of garlic smashed. I salted it, and left it about 3 hours in the fridge.
    Then I heated 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and stir fried for a few minutes. I added 1 onion, 1 green pepper and about 300 gr of mushrooms (all of kinds I had in my closet) and 1 glass of water. I left it to boil for 10 minutes and added another tablespoon of mustard...
    It was really nice. My boyfriend wanted more and he is not on a diet.
    It was about 3 servings and it has 267 calories per serving.
    Hope you enjoy it!
    (sorry for making mistakes in english)
  • ccvalentine
    Options
    I call it:

SUMMER LASAGNA

INGREDIENTS

• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (organic is best!)
    • 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (No Salt Added is best!)
    • 1 medium yellow squash, thinly sliced
    • 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
    • 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (low fat)
    • Garlic cloves or Minced Garlic from the spice rack (amount = to your liking)
    • Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
    (Optional but Stoneware works best and no greasing!)
    2. Arrange chicken in the prepared baking dish, and top with the stewed tomatoes.
    3. Add Garlic/Salt/Pepper
    4. Arrange squash and zucchini slices in layers on top of the chicken.
    5. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
    6. Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run
    (I normally take out with about 5mins left and sprinkle a little more cheese on top then
    put back in for the last 5 mins)

I normally just cut the dish into squares when I serve it, it kind of looks like Lasagna but messier, hahah.
    Hope you enjoy!!!
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    Throw it in the crockpot with a marinade, or even dry italian dressing. One of our favorites:

Salsa Chicken

1 3-pound bag of boneless/skinless chicken breasts
    16 oz jar salsa
    1 can black beans, drained
    1 can corn, drained
    1 3 oz can sliced black olives

Dump it all in a large crockpot and cook on Low for 7 hours. Add a cup of brown rice, and stir to break up the chicken. Cook an additional hour. Serve with a dab of sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese.

Sometimes I add a block of low-fat cream cheese with the rice. It's wonderful in a soft taco, or as a baked potato topping, or you can turn it into soup by adding low sodium chicken broth.

Can you advise how many servings this is? I am going to try and figure out calorie per serving.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Season your chicken breast how you like. Cook it on a skillet with olive oil until done (I personally like it a little browned). Set it on a leaf of lettuce with a couple slices of tomatoes, 1 tbsp of Miracle Whip, an ounce of swiss (or provolone) and grab it like a sandwich and bite!

So delicious, filling and healthy! 300-350 cals, 10 carbs and 225g sodium. Takes about 10-15 minutes.
  • markegilbert
    Options
    add a bit of chilli flakes to that and get the fat burning effect of the spice as well as the taste
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I am actually making this one right now: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/06/crockpot-salsa-chicken-recipe.html

That website has tons of easy crockpot ideas - check it out! :)
  • vronnie04
    vronnie04 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I make salsa chicken as well, I put about 6 chicken breasts sprinkle some taco seasoning on them, cover them in salsa and bake at 350 for about 40 mins or until salsa dries up a bit and thickens. Really good and quick.
  • verlouria
    verlouria Posts: 21
    Options
    I made bbq sandwiches tonight with sweet potatoe french fries. I boiled the chicken breasts, shredded them down added a small container of bbq sauce (an onion would be good too, but we had none) salt, and pepper. Heat it up again on the stove, and serve on bread. (I used a normal hamburger bun that was too many calories. Next time will choose a lower calorie bread. This recipe was originally a slow cooker recipe, but we do not have a crock pot. I tweeked it to work for us.
  • greylady3
    greylady3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Buy a roasted chicken at the grocery store, skin it and take the meat off to use in salads or tacos or whatever recipe you have that calls for cooked chicken. Sometimes I do this on the weekend and then use it during the week for various recipes.