Running Belts

Options
Hi Pals

Just wanted some opinions on running belts and the like.

I have a Samsung S6 which is pretty huge and doesn't fit in the zippy pocket of some of my shorts/leggings when i run.

I am thinking of asking Santa for one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Running-Buddy-pouch-Attachable-resistant/dp/B00ATIE5ZE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1475744385&sr=8-2&keywords=magnetic+running+belt#Ask

I have also looked at Flipbelts but i don't think my phone will fit.

Help!

Thanks!

Replies

• Chamois
    Chamois Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have no experience of the Running Buddy but I use the Flipbelt for my iPhone 6 (which I think is larger than the S6?) and it fits nicely. I've used a few running belts over the years and the Flipbelt is by far the most comfortable that I've tried as it tends to sit in one place and not rotate around as I've found that some do.

Hope this helps!
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I have a knock off of the flip belt that I ordered on amazon for a lot less! It is identical to the flip belt just a different name. It would fit your phone. I love mine!!!
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Can't comment on the product you've linked but I have a (cheap version of) the flipbelt from Amazon for my iphone 6s and it fits well - I think your S6 is slightly bigger but it was advertised as fitting both of these phones. I've NO idea how to paste in a link but I'll try...

Running Belt Waist Pack, MoKo Universal Outdoor Sports Waist Fanny Pack Belt / Fitness Workout Belt / Waist Pouch for iPhone 6s Plus, 6 Plus, 6s, Gala

Anyway I've been using it for about 6 months now it was dead cheap and it works fine, washes well, I got a bigger size as I preferred to wear it on my hips but it rides up on slippery sports material so next time I'd probably go for the small. Hope this helps? I've seen people say those pouches are good but I didn't want anything that might flap about.

ETA: No link doesn't work sorry - but I'm sure you can copy and paste if you want :wink: I'm hopeless!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Hated the flip belt.. too wide and thick and were I like to wear mine it was uncomfortable...

SPIBELT is what I use now.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Hated the flip belt.. too wide and thick and were I like to wear mine it was uncomfortable...

Me too. I don't even notice I'm wearing it.
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    gearproz is good
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I have a spibelt that I use for running races to keep keys, ID, gummies and such. I have a S6 and prefer an armband for it. The armband has no bounce and is very accessible. It also makes the connection to my bluetooth headphones a bit closer and eliminates those occasional drop outs.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

Thanks for the tip!

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my RUnning Buddy. It is secure, does not slip, and I don't even know I have it on.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thanks pals!
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Hi Pals

Just wanted some opinions on running belts and the like.

I have a Samsung S6 which is pretty huge and doesn't fit in the zippy pocket of some of my shorts/leggings when i run.

I am thinking of asking Santa for one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Running-Buddy-pouch-Attachable-resistant/dp/B00ATIE5ZE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1475744385&sr=8-2&keywords=magnetic+running+belt#Ask

I have also looked at Flipbelts but i don't think my phone will fit.

Help!

Thanks!

I have a Samsung S6, and this is what I use when I'm not using my hydration belt:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Running-Waist-Pack-MoKo-Sports/dp/B00U8MOHNG/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1475780380&sr=8-9&keywords=running+belt

The phone fits easily in 1 pocket, and I can stick my keys or anything else I want in the other pocket. Unless I am trail running, I love listening to music when I run, but I hate having my phone strapped to my arms. So, this works for me. I also like knowing that I have it for emergency purposes if anything should ever happen. Also, sometimes you see something really cool while running and you need to take a pic!! I saw a bobcat earlier in the year, and if I didn't have my phone with me, I wouldn't have gotten that really cool picture! I hate stopping on runs, but some things are totally worth it.
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    oh here we go. Heres the what I have. I had an iphone 6 plus inside a magpul case so short of actually running with a tablet it was as big and heavy as I could find. While I didn't mind it yanking my pants down my wife advised me to fix the problem before the neighbors started complaining.

I tried the running buddy. I wore it exactly one time.because the same shorts that couldn't support it in the pocket could not support it around my waist and the phone was too large and heavy for the magnetic closures they use on that size case. I think it would be better with a smaller lighter phone or other light weight running essentials.

along came the tuneband armband. Its great and I've run with mine for about 200 miles now. As long as I don't need my phone for anything. switching tracks or apps mid run was a pain but not impossible. It took a few runs to become comfortable with it

Recently I purchased a camelbak circuit vest and use the front water bottle pocket of that for my iphone on longer runs.
  • GaryRuns
    GaryRuns Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Another one for the SPIbelt. I've started wearing hydration belts now and the phone has moved to my pocket, but I used to use an SPIbelt and it worked fine. It was a little annoying having to make a hole in it to plug my headphones into my phone, and once you zip the phone in it's pain to get to when you're running, but it definitely held it securely, was comfortable, and didn't bounce around while I ran.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    The flipbelt with the zipper has a slightly larger pocket than the regular flipbelt, but yeah, it is still a pain in the *kitten* to try and shove a phone in there. The non-zipper one I had to remove my phone from its case. The zipper one I can cram it in with the case but it it takes effort.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    I have about a dozen different belts. The ones I use most are all Spibelts. I highly recommend them. Most of them expand to hold almost any size phone. I have been using the same ones with my old Note3, my LG G4, and now my Galaxy S7. All with a perfect fit.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Spibelt, with my phone in a ziploc bag to prevent sweat damage and bluetooth ear phones to avoid cables. Once I get it adjusted I forget it's there