Beginners post! Need friends and motivation

Options
I have been a MFP member for a few years and tried to log on and off when I felt the need to get back into my phase of dieting and exercising. Unfortunately, my "phases" never stuck and I am 25 pounds heavier than I was when I joined.

I am a new mother (almost 3 months postpartum) and the heaviest I have ever been in my entire life. I am looking for friends to motivate and inspire me as well as the other way around.

Replies

• avamama15
    avamama15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jessica and I'm in a similar situation. I've had the app for a while and I go through phases where I use it. I got it after I had my daughter (she's 3) and now I have a six month old son so I'm trying to get my shape back
  • jls2837
    jls2837 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    avamama15 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm Jessica and I'm in a similar situation. I've had the app for a while and I go through phases where I use it. I got it after I had my daughter (she's 3) and now I have a six month old son so I'm trying to get my shape back

My name is Jessica too!
  • mlperez1207
    mlperez1207 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm Monica, I was the same with how I used the app, I've gotten better at it though. A big motivation for myself is completing my diary and seeing if I ate like that in 5 weeks I'd weigh ... that helps me stay motivated! For myself I've learned that it takes time and if you stick with it you'll succeed! I believe in you'll! You will get your goals!
  • aalexgee
    aalexgee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I'm Alex! I'm 5 weeks postpartum, first time mom, and I'm trying to get back into the swing of being healthy. Before I got pregnant I was at the lowest weight I had been at since high school and was dieting/working out habitually. I worked really hard to get at that weight but when I found out I was pregnant I completely stopped and gained 75 pounds. Now that I have the okay to start working out again I'd like to try to shed some weight since I'm still 45 above my pre-pregnancy weight and I'm desperate to fit back into my pre-pregnancy clothes! My husband also gained 60 pounds while I was pregnant and even though he says he wants to lose weight, he's not serious about it like I am. My main goal right now is to maintain a healthier diet before I get into a regular work out routine (I'm still trying to get into the mommy routine lol) but I would love if I had some ladies to help motivate me and vice versa! Hope everyone is staying positive and working hard towards their goals! (:
  • pistolmcclain
    pistolmcclain Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My son is almost 3months as well, so I am in a similar situation :)