ISO new Fitness tracker... what's your favorite and why??

Options
Looking for a new fitness tracker and would love to hear reviews of your favorite and why?

Replies

• skittles137
    skittles137 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Alta and love it. The screen is informative without being overly large. I also like that it connects with myfitnesspal to update calories burned for walking.
  • imjms737
    imjms737 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Not really a fitness tracker, but I love my Garmin Fenix 3.

I track everything with it, including my runs, my gym workouts, my squash practice, etc.
    That being said, I also have a Fitbit Charge on my other wrist, which I use to track my resting HR, among other things.
  • megquenzer
    megquenzer Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will look into those
  • qwikstreet
    qwikstreet Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm in the market for a wearable/tracker. I think I would use some of the fitness tracking features more than a smart watch. However, I would like to have something stylish for the office. I'm leaning towards the Garmin vivoactive HR. On the other hand, I really would like to try a Pebble.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    qwikstreet wrote: »
    I'm in the market for a wearable/tracker. I think I would use some of the fitness tracking features more than a smart watch. However, I would like to have something stylish for the office. I'm leaning towards the Garmin vivoactive HR. On the other hand, I really would like to try a Pebble.

I have the Vivoactive HR. I didn't want watch features necessarily either. In fact I don't even have my notifications turned on to receive text, etc. DCrainmaker is a great site as far as reviews. It helped me with my last three purchases. The Fitbit HR, Vivosmart and now the Vivoactive. First two crapped out within a year so I am also a fan of warranties, which in this case of the first two were about $10 for two years.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    imjms737 wrote: »
    Not really a fitness tracker, but I love my Garmin Fenix 3.

Me too. Everything from turn-by-turn directions on the bike to getting "on my way" texts while I'm in the shower.
  • teebojones09
    teebojones09 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Do you use something else to track distance when riding a bike? I usually will put my tracker in my sock to track steps...
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I use GPS for distance on the bike. In theory a wheel sensor is more accurate but mine would go out of alignment sometimes and read zero.
  • megquenzer
    megquenzer Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I have had a UP and a UP24. Now I have a Garmin Vivosmart. I like it but feel like my screen went bad very quickly. I love it but can't really see anything!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    megquenzer wrote: »
    Looking for a new fitness tracker and would love to hear reviews of your favorite and why?

What are you wanting to track, and what's your budget?

In the absence of that, this is no more than a list of products.

fwiw Garmin replaced my VivoSmart with a VivoSmart HR, the screen issue is common in the first generation device, the second generation has moved to a different approach.