I'm hungry ALL the time!

Options
For the past couple of days, since Saturday actually, I have been extremely hungry and I can't figure out why. I'm trying to pinpoint what it may be that's causing me to feel this way. (I'm not stressed out, not depressed..I feel really good) It's not as if I'm sitting on the couch all day watching tv which can lead to mindless munching...I've been super busy. AND I'm craving sweets like crazy. Normally I can resist when I'm baking ( I have my own business so I'm always baking cakes) and not eat anything thats left over, but this weekend, I had a piece of cake everyday! Granted I still was under my daily calories, but this all just reminds me of how I got to be overweight in the first place. I've been on this journey for 2 months and I've been eating really well. I think maybe I have been making the wrong food choices. Because I am so busy, a lot of the time I have to grab something on the go, but if I do eat fast food I'll grab something grilled with no fries and water only so I don't feel it's that bad. (sigh) I just don't know...

This is really bothering me because I've made such good progress and I don't want to slip back into my old habits. Any thoughts?

Replies

• BGabbart
    BGabbart Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    same boat here and my choices have been awful for a couple of days. what to do what to do
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    I was in the same boat a few weeks back...and it was my TOM...which is, I figured, what was making me SO CRAZY for food!!! So this month, I will expect it and know how to TACKLE it....:)
    Find other things to do to get AWAY from food, away from the kitchen....go for a walk, read a book, take a bubble bath, do some cleaning...
  • Kamille84
    Kamille84 Posts: 32
    Options
    How much water are you drinking? A lot of people mistake hunger for thirst. When I get like this I try to down as much water as I can or do something to distract me, like clean or go for a walk. Hope this helps!
  • Kamille84
    Kamille84 Posts: 32
    Options
    Oh, and I forgot....
    It sounds like you are stressed. Too much stress releases cortisol which could be the reason for your cravings. Try to take time everyday to do something that relaxes you :smile: