Best blender?

Options
My blender is just about done and I need a new one. What's a good blender that works wel but is also affordable? I'd also like to use it to make baby food too, so it must blend thoroughly!
Thanks!

Replies

• rinigirl76
    rinigirl76 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have a ninja .. love it !
  • Habiteer
    Habiteer Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Nutribullet is nice. Easy to hand wash because the containers are the size of a 24 oz cup instead of a big glass jar.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Drawoc wrote: »
    Nutribullet is nice. Easy to hand wash because the containers are the size of a 24 oz cup instead of a big glass jar.

I second this.
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I love my ninja. I don't have the one with the blender, but I'm working on getting that one. (And at some point the Ninja coffee bar)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,163 Member
    Options
    The best blender is either a Vitamix or a Blendtec. However, you asked for affordable. I would say the Ninja as well. I had a Nutribullet, and while it was good, it didn't satisfy me over time. I got a Ninja Pro, and it is still amazing me.
  • Slpst46
    Slpst46 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have a nutrininja and I love it. I've never been a smoothie kind of person, but now I make them on a daily basis. It's small (doesn't take up much counter space), super easy to clean, and very good effective!
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I've had good success with my Magic Bullet. 17 piece set if 39.99 at Sams club. Certain you can find it cheaper if you look around.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about buying a Ninja but got bogged down by all the options and then realized my Cuisinart food processor works just fine for what I wanted the blender for - making smoothies.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I have a NutriBullet and like it very much. I use it occasionally so I'm not sure how well it would hold up under heavy use.
  • bluecat86
    bluecat86 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

@kshama2001 Good idea-maybe I'll try this first!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    My 30 yr old 10 speed Osterized blender works fine for everthing you need to use a blender for. It's a timeless classic design and you can still find them on eBay for as low as $15-25. Add this to a stick blender and food processor and you'll have every base covered.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    bluecat86 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone!

You're welcome :)

My food processor is also faster to wash than a blender.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,163 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    bluecat86 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone!

You're welcome :)

My food processor is also faster to wash than a blender.

Probably no faster than the single serve blender on my Ninja. Blend up my shake, 15 seconds, unscrew the blending part, 2-3 seconds, rinse well with hot water, 30 seconds or so, and done.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I love my Ninja, too. We have a few of the different bowls and blades and it's great.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Vitamix. Just get the blender spatula to go with it.

OP asked for affordable. Vitamixs are not that at least around here.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    I've had the NutriBullet RX for a few years now... It does the job but the cups get gross after a while. I love my Vitamix it was worth the price for me but i make a lot of soups, purees, hummus etc ect.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    I've had the NutriBullet RX for a few years now... It does the job but the cups get gross after a while. I love my Vitamix it was worth the price for me but i make a lot of soups, purees, hummus etc ect.

Margaritas!!! :drinker:
  • fishshark
    Options

obviously thats the only reason to buy a vitamix haha! When I got it the first thing I looked up was drinks. We have a margaritaville blender.... i have way to many appliances.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options

obviously thats the only reason to buy a vitamix haha! When I got it the first thing I looked up was drinks. We have a margaritaville blender.... i have way to many appliances.

Me too.. I have a whole 6 tier pantry shelf full of appliances and gadgets. :laugh:
  • fishshark
    Options
    I just looked today when cleaning it out this is what I embarrassingly have:
    Sous Vide
    electric flat top
    deep fryer
    nutribullet
    vitamix
    ice cream maker
    kitchen aid blender (with every attachment)
    food processor
    3 crock pots (whyyyyyyyy?)
    3 electric fondu pots
    margarita blender
    quesadilla press
    instapot.

Being a retired chef is hard because I just keep buying dumb *kitten* to cook with to fill a void haha.