Exercising while on vacation

Options
Hi! does anyone have any ideas on ways to exercise while on a three week vacation? Please & Thank you

Replies

• dmest
    dmest Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Check to see if the hotel where you are staying has a fitness center available or find places nearby to walk or jog. If you bring a laptop along you could bring some workout DVDs or download videos from Exercise TV.
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    Hi,
    I would say if there is no gym available, walk, run..turn up the music and dance!
    Those are all great choices when no equipment is available!

Also swimming if you can is an awesome way to burn calories!

Good luck to you I'm sure you can find something interesting to do.
    Way to stay committed though :wink:
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I never travel without my running gear. If you don't run you can walk or hike.
  • bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    RUNNING!! It's a full body workout and it's an awesome calorie burner! :) Plus--you can pretty much do it anywhere!
  • najaas
    najaas Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you soooo much! I really appreciate it, I will definitely try those.
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Pack your running shoes! I always plan out a couple running routes for the places I am going for vacation.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    If you are staying somewhere that's more than one level I recommend the stairs. I just returned from vacation. We stayed on the 13th floor. I went up and down the stairs a lot... even up to the 22nd floor ;)
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Yeah definitely check to see if there is a gym around and if you like running and hiking those are great too. If you use/have resistance bands those are easy to pack with you as well, or if you have a favorite workout dvd you can bring to use in your hotel (if you have time) that could work too. Otherwise, just be as active as possible and get outside, even if it's just for a short walk!
  • janiepumphrey
    Options
    Pushups, planks, side planks, one-legged deadlifts, squats, lunges, crab walking, bear walking, crunches, handstands, handstand pushups (or negatives if you're not able to push up yet), jumping jacks, burpees, walking!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Pushups, planks, side planks, one-legged deadlifts, squats, lunges, crab walking, bear walking, crunches, handstands, handstand pushups (or negatives if you're not able to push up yet), jumping jacks, burpees, walking!

great list right there!

And find a horizontal pole or something for some pullups and that is as full body as you will get I reckon.
  • randomartisrgirl
    Options
    Well if you're on a vacation, you'll probably be sightseeig, which means WALKING. Or you could go out for a run early in the morning and look at the view.