Wake Up Call

Options
I've known for a long time that I need to lose weight. I've said I'm starting so many times, but this morning I had a wake up call from my doctor. It has to work this time. I have to stay committed!

Replies

• alc649
    alc649 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    You can do this :) I've always struggled with my weight. Was at 283 when I started on here, now at 264. I completely know what it's like to be controlled by food. Feel free to add me and we'll do this together :)
  • CALS0CCERBEAR87
    CALS0CCERBEAR87 Posts: 38 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    my doctor flat out asked me if i "believed in mortality" after getting weighed one time.... what a jerk!...got me thinking and acting more in the long-run tho...best of luck to you and reaching your goals! B)
  • macquilts
    macquilts Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can do it! My Dr gave me the "lifestyle change or death" talk 3/15, took me 15 months to lose 80 pounds. Now recommitting to get my eating back under control
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    I was pretty upset that my doctor never said a word about my weight, even when I topped the scales at 220 as a 5'7" woman.

It is so worth it to lose that weight. All of my health issues have resolved now, from soreness, fatigue, to reflux and headaches.

All gone, simply by getting to my healthy weight. (A little exercise didn't hurt, either.) All my blood work is good now, too. Back in a healthy blood pressure range and cholesterol and triglycerides are in line.
  • leann8939
    leann8939 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello Miranda! New to here too, hopefully you'll find the support here you need to get it done :)
  • Spears1354
    Spears1354 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!
  • aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it! Just stay focused!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I understand. I'm prediabetic. At that point it was no longer simply a cosmetic concern.