What is an example of what you eat in a day for weight loss?

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    breakfeast, cereal with milk and dreied Lily, one egg, 50g sweet potato
    Lunch, Stir-fried cabbage and eggplant,one steamed bun,one banana,20gChinese yam, 50 sweet potato, 70g spicy fish
    Dinner:100g boiled fungus with 100g sweet potato again!
    I know the portion of carb is excessive :(
    I need to restrain the appetite.

Nothing about that sounds excessive including the calories! How many did that add up to?
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was
    am: 2 pkts instant flavored oatmeal with ground flax seed added
    noon: canned chicken with white rice, frozen veggies and sweet n sour sauce; toasted bun with spread, spices and Parmesan
    afternoon: 'smores'-2 graham crackers, 2 marshmallows and 10 calories worth of mini chocolate chips, nuked
    supper: lean cuisine white cheddar mac and cheese with bacon bits, diced tomato and onion added; sour cream n onion chips

Calories: around 1,465/calorie goal with exercise was 1,544

• Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Today

Breakfast: black coffee, tiny piece of zucchini bread

Snack: Greek yogurt, baby carrots, ghirardeli dark chocolate mini

Lunch: salad w/ turkey, balsamic vinnaigrette, goat cheese and grapes

Snack: broccoli w/ bolthouse dressing for dip, 2 ghirardeli dark chocolate minis, Greek yogurt

Dinner: grilled chicken breast, steamed cauliflower, quinoa cooked with chicken broth and butter

Dessert: 1/2 pint halo top chocolate ice cream with a fiber one brownie

Total calories: 1396
    Exercise calories: 375
    Leftover calories: 179
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    My diary is open...

I don't eat breakfast usually, big salad for lunch, and lately I've been on an egg kick and having an omelette for dinner almost every night...yum!!!
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Example -

Breakfast: Starbucks Venti Blonde Roast (Black), 4 scrambled egg whites with onion, mushroom, broccoli, spinach, peppers and tomato (1 oz each).

Snack: Two hard boiled egg whites - yolks tossed and replaced with fat free hummus (2-tablespoons).

Lunch: 1 oz. boiled organic chicken, 2-cups of raw broccoli, 1-oz of: cherry tomato, red pepper, red onion. 1-tablespoon of roasted corn.

Post work-out: Plant Fusion vanilla protein powder (one scoop mixed with water)

Snack: Celery & Carrot sticks, banana

(workout)

Apple right after workout on the way home.

Dinner: 5/6 oz boiled organic chicken warmed and mixed with tabouleh (2-tablespoons), 4-cups of spinach (rice vinegar) and once slice of Daves killer light bread.

Before bed - 1/2 cup fat free plain greek yogurt (usually Siggis), 2-tablespoons of Better N' Peanut Butter, dash of cinnamon and a cup or two of herbal tea with a drop of honey.

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I.... eat what the crap I like. I don't deprive myself, or eat so damned little that it crushes my spirit. I am not a mouse.

I use a food scale.
    I make sure my fiber, protein and fats are in check.
    I keep an eye on my micros.
    I eat chocolate/chips/treats for my sanity.

I do what is sustainable for life, not what I can do temporarily for weight loss.

I have a 600-700 calorie high protein, high fiber smoothie every day.
    I have a decent filling dinner.
    Snacks.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    So I had to go back 2 years to when I was actually losing weight

pr2ootqig1fs.png
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Breakfast - Usually under 300 calories
    • Coffee w/ half and half (regular)
    • Boiled egg (around 80g)
    • Schar gluten free crispbreads (2)
    • Clementine (around 100g)

Lunch - roughly 300-400 calories
    • A vegetable chicken soup of some variety paired with a veggie-ful sandwich or veggies/coldcuts/cracker/cheese type lunch. Or leftovers. Mostly keep it around 300-400 calories.

Dinner - 400-600 calories
    • Tacos
    • Soups
    • Chili
    • Steak w/ taters
    • Pork Chops w/ rice
    • Chicken thighs (a lot of chicken thighs) in many different ways

Snacks - Try to keep them under 300 total for the day
    • Fruits, veggies, hummus, guac, almonds, occasional "powerbar" type thing if I have a hankering and need to feel more full

Not a big dessert eater (because sweets are triggers for me), so I try to feel fuller from dinner than other meals. I stay between 1250 and 1400 calories per day depending on exercise. I don't have a lot to spare, so I do have to focus a lot on whole, natural, low-calorie foods to feel like I'm eating a lot and being satisfied.

I've shaved a lot of "extras" off of things I typically have made in the past...like choosing cheese OR sour cream OR butter. I've noticed I'm not really missing anything by doing that. I use avocado oil a bit instead of olive and I've saved some calories that way. I'm also experimenting with lower calorie yogurt salad dressings. I'm not a big salad fan, but sometimes that's what works with calories...but I don't like vinaigrette. Some are good and some are gross..but I keep trying.

I find soup to be a saving grace because if you make it yourself you can control the sodium and load it up with filling veggies and I feel like I get a lot of bang for my buck and don't feel like I have to add a lot of extras to it for it to be good. I also eat a lot of saute spinach and mushrooms. For some reason that's very satisfying to me and so I make it for lunch or a snack quite a bit. It's also super affordable.
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Breakfas: half cup of egg whites with spinach or mushrooms with half cup of oatmeal and tablespoon of maple syrup with a small Apple chopped up
    Snack: protein shake or smoothie
    Lunch: large veggie salad with a protein in it like tuna or chicken with balsamic and a olive oil
    Snack: three cookies made from smashed bananas oats and chocolate chips. That's all there is in it.
    Supper: last night was parmasan crusted salmon with mushroom garlic quinoa and asparagus
    Evening: frozen strawberries blended with Greek yoghurt and a few dark chocolate chips to make a frozen yoghurt desert.
    It is a lot of food but still within my calories whit room to have more if I got hungry again.
    Today is still in progress but tonight is healthy beef stroganoff and I also made 67 calorie brownies with avocado dates and applesauce. Love finding healthy versions of my favourite foods.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    breakfeast, cereal with milk and dreied Lily, one egg, 50g sweet potato
    Lunch, Stir-fried cabbage and eggplant,one steamed bun,one banana,20gChinese yam, 50 sweet potato, 70g spicy fish
    Dinner:100g boiled fungus with 100g sweet potato again!
    I know the portion of carb is excessive :(
    I need to restrain the appetite.

Nothing about that is excessive! You don't need to worry about the carbs, and the calories certainly don't seem excessive either.

Besides, sweet potatoes are delicious, filling, and good for you!
  • aprilzabeth
    aprilzabeth Posts: 18 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I usually have oatmeal for breakfast. I change it up by adding fruit, milk, nuts, spices, cocoa powder, peanut butter, etc. I've recently found out that if you cook 1/2 cup of oatmeal in 2 cups of water for around 15 minutes it turns into 1 and 1/2 cups of oatmeal. Very filling! But also very soft, I prefer more texture to my oatmeal.

For lunch I usually have pasta, or potatoes, or rice, or some type of home made bread thing like pizza. And whatever I eat goes along with veggies and lettus. I change it up by doing different things with the ingredients like baked french fries or tuna salad for example. And I'll eat an apple when I'm done.

For supper I usually eat cereal with almond milk. And I'll have something fun like melted peanut butter on popcorn. Or a microwave brownie and dairy free ice cream. Things like that.

Yes, I do go over my carb limit every day by a few points. But I don't really like meat at all (except tuna and salmon). But I'm within my calories and everything else so that's good.
  • aprilzabeth
    aprilzabeth Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Today:

Post Dinner:
    100 grams popcorn spritzed with
    1 teaspoon oil sprinkled with
    1 teaspoon sugar
    and pumpkin spice

Total will come to somewhere around 1500 calories-ish.

I'm going to try this! It sounds amazing!

• JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Coffee - Black Coffee, No Sugar, 2 mug (8 fl oz)
    Califia Farms - Almondmilk Pecan Caramel Creamer, 3 Tbsp
    Bananas, raw, 4.2 ounce
    peanut delight - Natural Creamy Pb, 0.5 tbsp

Season's Choice - Black Bean Chipotle Burger, 1 burger
    Toufayan - Pita Bread Whole Wheat, 56 g
    Kumato - Sweet Brown Grape Tomatoe, 57 Grams (About 7 Tomatoes)
    Lydia's - Cashew "Cheez" (Cashew Cheese), 4 Tbsp

Naturade Vegan Smart - All-in-one Nutritional Shake (Chocolate), 2 scoops
    Bananas, raw, 4.2 ounce
    Aldi - Friendly Farms - Unsweetened Almond Milk, 8 fl oz
    Jiff powder net carbs - peanut butter powder, 3.75 tablespoon

Larabar - Double Chocolate Brownie Bites, 4 bites (30grams)
    Smarties - Smarties, 2 roll
    Potatoes - Potato, 222 g
    Earth Balance - Natural Buttery Spread - Original, 7 gram (1 Tbsp)

Totals 1,474 197 54 63 1,317 71
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Breakfast: bowl of low-cal sludge (greek yogurt, whey protein powder, small amount of peanut butter).
    Preworkout: 30g of Spree.
    Post lift: protein fluff (20g casein, diet soda, xanthan gum, various flavor extracts).
    Rest of the day: Six whey protein shakes, one blended shake, and a pack of bacon jerky.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,588 Member
    Options
    today ive had

a giant bowl of vanilla cinnamon banana ice cream with mixed berries , topped with fresh strawberries and a cup of natures path vanilla cereal
    some cashew milk

baby carrots
    medjool dates & whipped peanut butter on top
    a simply bar

quinoa with steamed smoked tofu, baby spinach & mushrooms with soy sauce, turmeric, garlic powder & nutritional yeast onn top

chocolate brownie larabar
    dried mango
    grapes

1879 calories

• GothamVeggie
    GothamVeggie Posts: 87 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    My diet plan is to really focus on whole foods that taste great & are filled with fiber-rich vegetables & fruit so I'm not hungry. Here's what I ate today.

Breakfast - 276 calories:
    My usual 16 oz smoothie made w PB2, protein powder, unsweetened almond milk, yogurt & ice.
    I add whatever fruit & greens I have on hand to the smoothie. (You can't even taste the greens in it.) Today was raspberries & Organic Girl Super Greens (a blend of red & green chard, bok choy, arugula & spinach).
    Coffee with unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Lunch - 396 calories
    Homemade slow-cooker vegetarian chili w fire-roasted tomatoes, beans, carrots, onions, garlic, spices, vegetable stock, rainbow peppers & sweet potatoes (1.5 servings - about 1.5 cups)
    Topped with 1 oz radishes for crunch & half an Haas avocado (2.2 oz) for creaminess

Dinner - 328 calories
    Homemade healthy (baked, no breadcrumbs) eggplant rollatini made with fresh ricotta in a spicy arrabbiata sauce (9.2 oz - about 4 rollatinis)

Snack #1 - 89 calories
    Honey Crisp apple (5.5. oz)

Snack #2 - 245 calories
    Large summer caprese salad made with herbs, Organic Girl Super Greens, a 5 oz peach, 1.5 oz grape tomatoes, 1.8 oz fresh mozzarella & a fat-free lime basil dressing

Totals: 1334 calories, 149g carbs, 50g fat & 73g protein

(I'm anemic & can't take iron pills so I boost my iron through food which includes the above as well as 2 servings of tea made with thyme & lemon juice + 2 servings of blackstrap molasses. This adds another 124 calories for a total of 1458 calories which is perfectly on track for me.)
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm in maintenance at the moment but here goes...

Breakfast: 4 hard boiled eggs and a bowl of strawberries

Snack: 2% plain Greek yogurt with 1T honey mixed in

Lunch: 1 bag of frozen mixed vegetables and 2 cans of smoked oysters in olive oil

Snack: 2 biscotti and a cup of coffee

Dinner: Got home late from a meeting so it was a bowl of cereal. Still hungry so followed with 2% plain Greek yogurt with 2T peanut butter mixed in

If I got home on time dinner would typically be meat, vegetable and a piece of bread. Or meat vegetable and rice, or instead of rice, potato etc...

Around 2600 calories or so...

My stats for context
    Male
    44 yrs
    180lbs
    5'10"
    Active
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm cutting again for the next ten weeks and i'm on a very very small calorie deficit.

Breakfast:
    Two of my creamy protein cookies
    Mug of Celestial Seasonings "Candy Cane Lane" tea with splenda
    (210 calories, 21g protein)

Lunch:
    50 grams Bulgar Wheat
    120 grams of Broccolli and Cauliflower mix
    35 grams of Faux Meat (I'm using a brand called "Oumph!" their garlic and herb faux chicken)

Snack:
    Quest bar

Dinner:
    One serving of my Hearty Lentil Stew

Dessert:
    A very very cold pink lady apple with a tablespoon of chunky peanut butter

edit: oh yea, total calories about 1475, Protein about 91g total, fiber about 47g. I'm a lactose free vegetarian.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    coffee w/milk in the morning

protein shake mixed with strawberries and blueberries for lunch

For dinner last night I had a can of country beef soup and a grilled cheese & ham sandwich and before bed, I had a bowl of hot cereal and a cup of cocoa. Approximately 1300 calories. I am on maintenance and don't weigh things too much anymore but after doing this for 2 years, I'm close enough. I walk a minimum of 3 miles a day.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:

breakfast - 2 coffees with half and half and sweetener

Lunch - 2 slices of smoked honey maple ham on 2 slices of pumpernickel rye, with mustard
    single serve yogurt cup
    black plum

Dinner - 2 chicken thighs in a recipe called sticky chicky from the Looneyspoons Collection cook book
    roasted asparagus with olive oil
    baked potato with sour cream

Snacks - special k cracker chips sour cream and dill flavour
    medjool date

Calories for the day - approximately 1000 on a 1200 calorie budget (Thanks giving is this weekend and I want to save some cals for the pumpkin pie!)