Hello...it's confession time.

Options
I wanted to share this but I am too timid to share elsewhere so I am sharing it here.

My weight loss journey is one of the biggest priorities in my life right now. I feel like so much of my confidence is tied to how I feel about myself and how others see me. Both are not so great due to my weight.

The other day as an off-handed comment I said "I just want people to like me". The reality is that is pretty much the goal of my life. I don't dislike myself, but I don't know how to open up so folks have a chance to get to know me and decide if they like me. Some days I feel like a grown man with no friends or at least close ones I can confide in. I am not rich, but I have had good fortune and would trade it all to have close, meaningful relationships with people who genuinely wanted to be around me.

Maybe this is the fear talking and it's all in my head, but one of the big hurdles to feeling like I can do that happens to be my weight loss. I'm not giving up and I'm going to keep at it, just wish it wasn't as hard on me as it seems to be.

If you've read this far - thanks.
If you've felt this way too - just know you're not alone. Thanks

Replies

• Hoveringsock
    Hoveringsock Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You're not alone, either. I don't have anything insightful to add, but this post connects with me.
  • MzCongeniality70
    MzCongeniality70 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Nope, you aren't alone. Thank you for being vulnerable and opening up. <3
  • aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Just stick with it. Setting goals is the first step. You are awesome!