Best shoes?

Options
Anyone have any shoe brand/style suggestions? I walk very fast paced with a little jogging and my cheap-o shoes are just about dead. I wanted to get some others suggestions before making a good shoe investment.

Replies

• CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    ones that fit, comfortable, and cushion, all feet as are shoes are different.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Try a running shoe store so they can fit your feet and tell you the best shoe for you. Fleet Feet is a chain in Calif.

Best of Luck!
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    If you're willing to spend the money I would go to a nice shoe store that will fit you according to your foot. Here in Alaska we have a store called Skinny Raven where they put you on a treadmill and watch you walk/run. From there they fit you with the best shoe for your walking/running style. I've got two different pairs one for running and one for walking. Since I've done it my feet don't hurt....it's just the rest of my body!
  • agleckle
    agleckle Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I would suggest going to an actual running shoe store like Roadrunner Sports where the people know how to fit you with a great shoe. I mention Roadrunner Sports in particular because they have the Shoe Dog there that evaluates how you run and then presents you with different shoe options from that starting point. I over-pronate so I have to have shoes specifically for that, otherwise I get crazy blisters on the arch of my foot. Everyone has different issues and getting a good pair of running shoes is tremendously worth it!
  • jaerie
    jaerie Posts: 42
    Options
    Thanks but I've already been fitted for quite a few shoes that feel great, just wanted some opinion on brands and styles that hold up through actual use.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    YAY!! I can totally help you!!!!

About a month ago, I started doing some walking with a bit of jogging involved in it, and I suffered from blisters so bad that I was walking on the sides of my feet for almost a week until the blisters finally popped.

I went to my local shoe store (Famous Footwear) and I got the Ryka brand shoes that Kelly Ripa endorses. The ones I purchased are specifically for "beginner runners", and they're white with teal accents. I paid $54 for them... and they are literally the best shoes I've ever freaking owned. They're extra padded in the balls and heels of the shoes for extra comfort. And they are worth every single dime I paid for them. I will never buy another brand of shoes for my walking/jogging.

Also, because I have knee problems, the Ryka shoes are specifically designed to help women with their "q angle." I had to google more info on it, and the shoes are really helping in preventing pain in my knees, hips, and lower back after my exercises.
  • unique2myself
    unique2myself Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My hubby got me the Nike Plus with teh watch and I LOVE IT !
  • agleckle
    agleckle Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Thanks but I've already been fitted for quite a few shoes that feel great, just wanted some opinion on brands and styles that hold up through actual use.

I have Mizzunos right now because they are built up on the inside of the foot for my over-pronation. But that is why you get fitted, to be presented with the brands and styles that will hold up with YOUR type of use. If you have already been fitted by someone who knows what they are doing, they should have already shown you the brands and types you need.
  • jaerie
    jaerie Posts: 42
    Options

About a month ago, I started doing some walking with a bit of jogging involved in it, and I suffered from blisters so bad that I was walking on the sides of my feet for almost a week until the blisters finally popped.

I went to my local shoe store (Famous Footwear) and I got the Ryka brand shoes that Kelly Ripa endorses. The ones I purchased are specifically for "beginner runners", and they're white with teal accents. I paid $54 for them... and they are literally the best shoes I've ever freaking owned. They're extra padded in the balls and heels of the shoes for extra comfort. And they are worth every single dime I paid for them. I will never buy another brand of shoes for my walking/jogging.

Also, because I have knee problems, the Ryka shoes are specifically designed to help women with their "q angle." I had to google more info on it, and the shoes are really helping in preventing pain in my knees, hips, and lower back after my exercises.

Do you know which ones they were?
  • cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    Options
    I just got new shoes a month ago...I liked Mizzunos and Asics because I over-pronate and need the arch support. I went with asics and they are GREAT! I tried on every pair of shoes there I swear...The Rykia or what ever they are called were just not enough support for my feet. My old shoes were Adidas and they were fine when I was walking...but now that I have been running-the right shoe makes all the difference in the world.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options

Do you know which ones they were?

I can't remember offhand.... but they look a LOT like these:

http://www.zappos.com/ryka-pursuit-2

But they're all white and teal... no green accents.
  • astrosnider
    astrosnider Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I got my Mephisto Sanos about a year and a half ago and have hardly taken them off since. I used to have a lot of foot problems and was wearing various inserts, but now I am fine for fast walking and working out with no inserts except the ones that come with the shoes. I got them at Nordstrom. They are expensive, about $270, but they last for a long time and are so very comfortable. I got them in black patent leather and actually get a lot of compliments on them. My husband got some too (just regular black ones) and has had the same experience.