Hi y'all, this is my first day on MFP and I'm using it to ga

Options
This site has been awesome so far! I will start tracking everything tomorrow, am using today to get familiar with everything! Any tips will be greatly appreciated, Ive been wanting to lose 30-40 pounds for like 10 years! Everytime I fugure my BMI I always come out clinically obese! The last time I checked, i was 30-35 percent bodyfat however Ive been working out regularly for a few months now and am sure Ive improved! But the scale has stayed the same, I REALLY need to track what i eat and be held accountable, so please request!

Replies

• silvafan
    silvafan Posts: 147
    Options
    You've come to the right place, this site/app is amazing, just stick with it. Once you start tracking your food it really opens your eyes.
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    welcome.... I am fairly new as well. This site is awesome and I am crappy with diets and this one so far has been easy to keep to. Good Luck and you can add me for support... :-)
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    Make sure to eat enough healthy calories. If you allow yourself ot go to low your body holds on to those pounds for dear life. Make sure not to let your net calorie intake get too low. I have found that when I was working out before tracking I wasn't eating enough on those days that I was hitting the gym hard.
  • DawnWendalynn1973
    DawnWendalynn1973 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    This is a great site!! You can do it!! We all can!
  • lauradupree
    Options
    I'm fairly new at this, too. I have found this site invaluable for tracking food, nutrients, etc. as well as for the daily encouragement. This is the first time that I have not felt starved on a diet. I feel in control, and tracking my exercise has boosted my confidence which so far has translated into inches lost in addition to weight loss. I recommend tracking measurements as well as weight. Caution: It takes a while to build your food diary, especially if you are entering your own recipes. Give it some time. I wish you success. :smile:
  • HowardRose
    HowardRose Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Let me just say you've come to the right place. It works!!!!
  • lesliefm
    lesliefm Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you are in the right place. My husband has lost almost 50 pounds and I have lost 20 using this app. The thing is just being consistent. If you fall off, just come right back the next day. You don't have to be perfect, you just have to keep going!
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Be honest. If you eat it, log it. If you move it, count it.