68lbs in 4mths exactly, today

Options
Highest weig: 312lbs (2005)
Highschool we: 185lbs (1995)
Start weight: 287lbs (June 5, 2016)
Curr weight: 219lbs (Oct 5,2016)
Goal weight: 185 - 190lbs

Wanted to loose weight as will be turning 40yrs next year and have goals to achieve like climbing mount kilimanjaro (africas highest peak). So, this june i decided to start. Soo far 68lbs down. Will be climbing on DEC 17,2016 (early). Too everyone struggling out there, if i can do it, so can you. I was the most laziest person and had no control over food. In Feb 2011, i went from 290lbs to 232lbs (June 2011), for my graduation. Then, i stopped and GAINED IT ALL BACK. Now, ive surpassed my first attempt and feel AMAZING.
How i did it?
Calories: 1200/day
Exercise: 5days/week
Diet: - Low carb, high protein
- Lots of green tea
- Apple cider vinegar before meals
- Water 1 hr after meals.
- No food after 6pm
- Vitamins: Raspberry keytone,
Triphala, moringa.
At 225lbs started strength training. This whole time 1hr cardio only (eliptical).
Hope the very best for all those trying. You guys are 50% there for just having the will to be doing this.
Good Luck.
*** DO NOT DROP OUT OF THE RACE LIKE I DID BEFORE. Never again*****

Replies

• afeezlalji2016
    afeezlalji2016 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Planning to get down to 185lbs, then MAINTAIN and watch the scale like a hawk. Lol
  • JCFan3
    JCFan3 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! It takes a lot of determination to do what you have done. Great job for finding something that works for you. Keep up the great job and let us all know when you make it up the mountain.
  • Donica_Marie
    Donica_Marie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    wow that's so amazing!!! you have inspired me :smile:
  • Michellewintzlo
    Michellewintzlo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Well done. I totally relate to losing then gaining back. I lost 60 pounds last year but have put it all back on plus a few more. Feel totally stupid and sad that I cannot wear the clothes that I bought last year.

Just started losing again this week so your story was a great read.
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the hard work!
  • kskeith62
    kskeith62 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
  • Calyse90
    Calyse90 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    awesome Job!!!!!!
    that's around my goal 62lbs in 4 months or close too Stay positive!!!
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your upcoming climb - what an amazing adventure you have planned!
  • Spook_Skywalker
    Spook_Skywalker Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Awesome loss and good job. Calories are way too strict for me, but kudos to you!
  • healthcarewkrrn
    healthcarewkrrn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Truly the lesson I learn from your experience is commitment and persistence. Very impressive. Keep at it. I only hope to have results close to yours.
  • elizabethpmiller1976
    Options
    Keep up the good work!!!!! I usually don't comment but I have to say it's been a lot of learning about my own body and finding out what works for me. So do u if u like it I love it. The negative comment is what got me but for me that's even more motivation. All smiles to u,keep pushing it
  • jillybaby86
    jillybaby86 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing! Good job, be proud! And keep up with what works for you!
  • NewGemini130
    NewGemini130 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Good job! I know you've stuck with it with those results! You will reach goal soon for sure. Thanks for sharing!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!