Tummy area!

Options
I'm at my goal weight but want to tighten my stomach since it's still fatty. Advice???

Replies

• T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    adjust your goal weight. fat is fat. if its there, you need to lose it. sorry. thats all i got.
  • manyasolos
    manyasolos Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Pilates is awesome. Engages the core muscles and will strengthen and tighten them. Also, genetics does have a say, many women simply hold a little fat around their tummy . If it's that and just a little bit, there are injectibles and lasers that will get rid of it. Best of luck
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Another vote for recomp.
  • cricket490
    cricket490 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Planks
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Recomp. Build muscle, lose fat. If you don't have muscle, when you lose weight you will still look "squishy." I have been at my current weight multiple times before, but I know my measurements are different & my body looks different (aka: more "fit" or "tight") because I've been lifting. As a beginner lifter, I've enjoyed Strong Curves.
  • Anvil_Head
    Anvil_Head Posts: 251 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    cricket490 wrote: »
    Planks

Great for the muscles underneath, but do absolutely nothing to get rid of the fat. You lose the fat by sustained caloric deficit, or (as others have mentioned) by recomp.
  • sskly48
    sskly48 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You have to lower body fat further. No exercise or anything will make it less flabby.
    As everyone says, there is no spot reduction!
  • charlakinney1
    charlakinney1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    All I use is 2 tablespoons of butter An fat from mostly.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Strength training/recomp FTW. Reduce your body fat percentage and the pockets of fat all over will shrink.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

What? :huh:
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Another vote for planks! No they won't reduce fat other than the calories you burn but combined with deficit it will give you abs when the fat is gone.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

??
    What has this got to do with 'belly fat' exactly?

I mean, I eat over 60g of fat a day and am losing weight, so.....?