21 day no binge challenge--kristyo25

Options
Hey everybody! Day 2 is over for me and it was a good day. I had around 1700 calories today (I'm on vacation) and usually if I went that high I would freak out!!! Like freak out and drown my frustrations in food (binge)! Here's how my mentality used to be on a day like this: "Oh my gosh, I ate 1700 calories! I There's no way I will lose weight this week. AND that's like 33 weight watchers points and not the 26 I'm allowed. I might as well eat more and start over tomorrow." Now don't get me wrong, I think weight watchers is an awesome program and it taught me so much about food choices and portion control. MY problem with WW was that I was obsessed with sticking to one set number of points a day. Say I was allowed 26 and I used 28...I felt like a failure:grumble: However, today I did NOT freak out over having a little extra. I ran this morning, I made good choices, I didn't feel deprived, and I can still lose weight on 1700 calories a day! So not only did I not binge, I also changed my mentality and didn't freak out! This is a lifestyle change!

So how was your day??? Did you have a moment where you changed your "mentality" like I did? Did you have another high moment? Please share:smile:

Question for you: Do you ever feel like weight and food are constantly on your mind? I'm the type of person who is like this. I look at everyone who walks by and think "I wish I had her legs" or "I'll so wear that when I'm skinny'. Today, I had a moment where I was thinking like this and I said to myself "Kristy, turn it off! Think of something else." And it helped! My ultimate goal is to lose this mentality completely and be a normal eater and more kind to myself:wink:

Sorry this is so long today! Had lots to share and I hope you do as well!

If your new to this challenge, the original post is entitled "21 day no binge challenge--need support and motivation" or you can friend me and find it from there!!

Replies

• jowans2004
    jowans2004 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Well day 1 for me was iffy...not bad, and certainly not like how I was last winter...
    I have a tendency sometimes to wake up really early to go to the bathroom or just wake up to an internal alarm clock and then make my way to the fridge!!! It happened early this morning, so I was not too happy during the later part of the day. Anyways, it was not a real binge, but just mindless eating I guess you could say. I am trying to work on tactics to avoid that urge of opening the fridge when I do happen to wake up unexpectedly. I was thinking to drink a big glass of water with vinegar in it haha!..then count to 60, to give my brain some time to process what the hell is going on...and then say out loud, I AM NOT HUNGRY!..hopefully it will work.

On another note, I'm trying to cut out the negative thoughts and words...turn it all into positivity instead. Like today, I was upset at myself, but kept reminding my mind that there is no use to bash yourself and get all pissed..so I try to write down and re-emphasize my goals to myself, and that kind of makes me feel better. I read somewhere today, if you don't fail, you're not trying, so...everyone will make mistakes, but it's about staying determined to get better and stronger.

I do also sometimes find myself saying, oh I wish I looked like that, and blah blah blah...but then I snap out of it, and say there's NO WISHING, you need to DO WORK if you want to look a certain way...so it's just self discipline that works for me, and tough love, not bashing.

Good job today on changing up your mentality...the brain is really so powerful, we tend to underestimate it A LOT. Keep it up, and I am working on doing the same! :)
  • Natp274
    Natp274 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    "So how was your day??? Did you have a moment where you changed your "mentality" like I did? Did you have another high moment? Please share:smile:

Question for you: Do you ever feel like weight and food are constantly on your mind? I'm the type of person who is like this. I look at everyone who walks by and think "I wish I had her legs" or "I'll so wear that when I'm skinny'. Today, I had a moment where I was thinking like this and I said to myself "Kristy, turn it off! Think of something else." And it helped! My ultimate goal is to lose this mentality completely and be a normal eater and more kind to myself:wink: "

Hi Kristy!

I am really enjoying this thread, and all that you are sharing. Thanks for the encouragement :happy:

DAY 1 - I did okay, until after dinner towards bedtime. I had about 5 pieces of chewy lollies before bed. So I guess that's a binge, but what I really wanted was to have a late snack! (of 4 toast with butter and nutella haha). Yet I didn't. I quickly went to bed and made my mind think of other things. So Day1 hasn't been too bad of a binge day for me. In the past, I would have had that 4 pieces of toast, or some form of "snack".

I do feel like food and weight are my constant friends and speak to me every minute of the day. So if I am unhappy with myself, then weight is definitely there to remind me why I shouldn't be, and food gladly steps in to give me comfort HAHA!

I like what you said about "change your mentality", that is so awesome. I hope to be at a place where eating healthy is normal for me, and not an emotional or mental chore. I am re-training my eating habits, and thinking processes. It's kinda scary, but exciting at the same time!

Thanks again, and have a good day.
    BRING ON DAY 2!

N :bigsmile:
  • Tmochava
    Tmochava Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Today was a good day. I didn't even think about binging. When I would binge I always thought about what I would eat next. I also felt like when I messed up might as well eat what I want and start over the next day and then overeat. It was crazy but now that I'm on the right track with my eating I won't let it be a thought. I use to also be envious always and wonder why I couldn't have been born with the perfect body but I've gotten better not perfect but better.
  • journey2size10
    Options
    Day 2 - easy peezy lemon squeezy as my coworker would say, lol
    I'm enjoying all the fresh fruit and veggies I'm eating and the night is coming to a close...its easy for me not to get hungry through the night as I have a snack close to bedtime! usually a protein shake or some nuts and fruit.

exercise was good as well, I have taken it down a notch since I'm eating less calories now. yaaa, down 2 down, 19 more to go (at least of this challenge!)
  • drejen
    drejen Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Day two was a success for me. I went to Cosco and I must admit I was tempted by everthing. I kept control and only bought what I went for--no snacks on the way out even though the ice-cream looked delish. It's now 6 and I can safely say I didn't binge-thankfully I'm not a nightime snacker, my binges usually come in the afternoon. Looking forward to another great day tomorrow!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Going well here and learning lots from this challenge about my eating habits. HALT, mindless eating and waste. Wonder what todays lesson will be? Oh and yes I constantly think about food which i find annoying, but maybe I should think of it as a friend and embrace it.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Today was a great day overall :) I had two pieces of Salt Water Taffy at work and decided that those would be the last two I have. It is not my job to finish that box, I work with 4 other people, they can have 'em!
  • ashleyolivia
    ashleyolivia Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    So today was actually my day one, since I'm a day behind all of you. But I'm happy to report after six straight days of bingeing and feeling miserable, today I resisted. Day one was a success! And I'm looking forward to waking up tomorrow not hating myself. Bring on day two!
  • arcoriell
    arcoriell Posts: 8
    Options
    No binging for me today. I actually stopped to make myself realize that I wasn't hungry.
    Great job to all of you who have done well so far! We can do this!
  • catsdogsandkids
    catsdogsandkids Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just came running to the computer to stop myself from shoving anymore potato chips into my mouth. Using the HALT, I know it is lonely.. the husband and my favorite dog went to the lake this week without me while I stay home working on a bathroom remodel. Anyways, stopped at 1 1/2 servings instead of 5 like I probably would have in the past. Guess that is a small victory and just threw the chips in the garbage so they are out of the house. Should have done that when I started the challenge and cleaned the cupboards and freezer of the other offenders. Good night all and thanks for being here.

Do you ever feel like weight and food are constantly on your mind? Too much, just part of our culture to want to be the skinny girl, or the young girl, or the magazine girl instead of the happy about who you are woman.
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome! I had a great day too. I was in total control and stayed within my calorie limit. Yay!! another day of success.
  • LauraMarie37
    LauraMarie37 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Day 2 was still a challenge for me - I didn't binge but was also over my calorie goal (only by a few hundred, but still). My husband got really, really sick - I still think we may he going to the ER soon, but he's a "tough guy" and wants to wait until morning to see if he improves - and I think the stress made me eat a little more than I otherwise would.

Yay for accountability =)
  • fifibox
    fifibox Posts: 69
    Options
    Great work girls, I just finished the 21 day Daniel Fast, it was amazing, no sugar really cos nothing processed.
    I'd recommend it any day. Anyway send us a msg if u need any support or advice.
    :flowerforyou: xoxo
  • fairfieldbeach
    fairfieldbeach Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You guys are inspiring me. I will reset my attitude and tomorrow will be a better eating day! Thanks!