Goal weight !!

I'm 167cm (5'6) and my goal weight is 54kg (119lb) is that good??im currently 58kg

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    It's 4 pounds above being underweight, so it's possible that it is too low especially for your age. This is something to discuss with your doctor.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    im close to your age, 5'4 and my goal weight is 145. anything less than that and i start to look and feel weak and sickly.
  • @usmcmp so if i consider that as my goal weight it would put me at risk of becoming underweight later on?like i mean you know when u start to lose weight u get too motivated so u keep losing even after u reach ur goal weight
  • usmcmp
    No, your goal weight puts you at greater risk of osteoporosis, weak immune system, anemia, hair loss, low energy, trouble sleeping, and various other health complications.
  • @usmcp is 55 better?or 56 maybe
  • usmcmp
    You need to discuss it with your doctor, especially considering your history of binge eating.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited October 2016
    I'm 167cm (5'6) and my goal weight is 54kg (119lb) is that good??im currently 58kg

um, well. you don't mention your gender and i'm no kind of authority. but at 5'4" (and with no boobs) i always considered 120 to be about as low as i'd ever realistically get. i'm a woman, by the way.

that was back when i was 20 and not active at all. now that i'm lifting and riding a bike, i'd be pretty happy if i ever got under 130 again. basically, the weight you're at now sounds like around what i'd currently set as a goal weight if i were asked. or a wish-list weight, i guess.

ymmv, of course. you don't define what 'good' means to you, and mine might not be the same 'good' as yours.
  • canadianlbs
    edited October 2016
    double post. doh.

• canadianlbs

um, well. you don't mention your gender and i'm no kind of authority. but at 5'4" (and with no boobs) i always considered 120 to be about as low as i'd ever realistically get. i'm a woman, by the way.

that was back when i was 20 and not active at all. now that i'm lifting and riding a bike, i'd be pretty happy if i ever got under 130 again. basically, the weight you're at now sounds like around what i'd currently set as a goal weight if i were asked. or a wish-list weight, i guess. and i'm at least 2 inches shorter than you.

ymmv, of course. you don't define what 'good' means to you, and mine might not be the same 'good' as yours.