I want another baby!!

Options
Ilovepeppers
Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
I feel like a complete nut. I have a three year old, an almost two year old and a 10 month old... It can get very hard (I'm sure you can imagine the chaos!) but I want another one SOON. I love how close the kids are spaced and how nicely they all play together.. I have lost almost 50 pounds and I'd like to lose 50 more but it's hard waiting on another baby.

Do you have kids spaced close together? How do you like it? Do I sound crazy? Lol

Replies

• believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    If you have the finances, time, and space - go for it. Otherwise, I'd wait until you're able to do so. Your call! :smile:

Edited to add: just noticed your profile - you're still in school, have three kids, and you're only 22? You're either very brave or super crazy, lol. :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • Scarletblue
    Scarletblue Posts: 255
    Options
    It's your thang do what'cha wanna do ( insert music here)
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I grew up with Sisters. The one I'm closest too? The one that's only 2 years older than I am, we've ALWAYS been close and we had our share of fights like Girls/Sisters do. I wouldn't give our age difference up for anything in the world... as kids grow older they value their closeness even more. Nothing in the world like Sisters that are close as adults, though all of us are now, age has a way of not mattering so much when you're an adult. :heart:

I agree with believetoachieve, if you've got the energy, financial means, an agreeable hubby to the situation and a long term plan to raise them then it's all about what works for you all! xo
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    My 2 boys are 7 years apart (9 and 2) and I love it! My oldest is very independent and that leaves me plenty of time to tend to my youngest. I can't imagine having mine close together and having more than 1 in diapers or more than 1 that was super needy. I want to have another one myself but it will be at least 3 years before we start trying! For you - do whatever works for you!
  • chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I would wait just a bit longer to give your body time to recover from the 10 month old. It's generally not recommended to have a baby so soon after. Perhaps in about 6-8 months?
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    If your kids are anything like my siblings and me, they're going to HATE being so close when they get into middle/high school. I RELISHED having the 2 years to myself at high school, and when they were freshmen it made me so angry! But I have cousins that are a year apart, and they get along fine...just depends.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I have a 15 month old right now and I've wanted to have another since he was 3 months old!
  • ladyerin79
    ladyerin79 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I have a 4 year old, a 2 1/2 year old, and an 18 month old... and I want one more! The three we have drive me crazy almost every day, but I adore my kids. If you can handle it, go for it!! :wink:
  • uberbusymomma
    uberbusymomma Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I totally understand wanting another baby. I have four, ages 8, 6,5 and 3. Most people think my husband and I are crazy, but it works for us, and we love our big family (which only people with 3 or more kids seem to understand). Good luck with whatever you decide.

(btw, I totally have days where I want another one, then I remind myself how hard it is to keep up with four who are potty trained and pick up their toys lol)
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Mine are an almost 5 year old boy and 3 year old girl. I'm now expecting. I love how they play together too. I wanted them to be close in age but only the Lord knows why I couldnt have the next one until now. Life will be hectic but after you have em you wont remember what was the fuzz about. They are wonderfull and you sound like a great mom. Why not have more kids?
  • jennyb31
    jennyb31 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have four children my eldest is fifteen, the next one is four, next-three, next a year and a half. I luv having my last three so close but that being said I have a brother fifteen years younger than me so I know the special relationship my older son will have with his younger siblings. Its definently not for everybody to have kids that close together but I luv it. Its not always peaches and cream all the time and we definently aren't picture perfect but we have alot of fun!
    On another note it was definently hard on my body!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I had four in 5-1/2 years.... all singles! They are now 12-18 years old, and I love how close they are. There are times I wish they had been spaced a bit farther apart, especially since I'll have 3 in college at one point, but most of the time it's been great. They have so much in common and can share experiences, without the older ones being bored by the younger ones. They are truly each other's best friends!!

I heard a great quote when I was expecting my youngest (and being criticized for being pregnant "again!!!!!!"):
    "When counting up my blessings, the greatest of my joys....My parents gave me siblings, instead of rooms of toys." I have no idea where it originated, but it's been my reminder to my kids for years!!

Make the choice that's best for you and your family -- and enjoy your kids :happy:
  • _CHRISTIE_
    _CHRISTIE_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I want another one too.... I have a 2 year old and would give anything to have another one now.... financially for us that's not an option...... so I say if you can do it, and your significant other is on board, and your dr approves it, and your financially stable to do it.... then do it... but also given your age and the fact you're in school, you may want to give it a year or two for you life to kind of settle down a bit! :) good luck in whatever you decide!!!
  • jennyb31
    jennyb31 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I had four in 5-1/2 years.... all singles! They are now 12-18 years old, and I love how close they are. There are times I wish they had been spaced a bit farther apart, especially since I'll have 3 in college at one point, but most of the time it's been great. They have so much in common and can share experiences, without the older ones being bored by the younger ones. They are truly each other's best friends!!

I heard a great quote when I was expecting my youngest (and being criticized for being pregnant "again!!!!!!"):
    "When counting up my blessings, the greatest of my joys....My parents gave me siblings, instead of rooms of toys." I have no idea where it originated, but it's been my reminder to my kids for years!!

Make the choice that's best for you and your family -- and enjoy your kids :happy:
    Thats one of the sweetest things I have heard!! I always got the ARE YOU CRAZY???? When people found out I was prego, again! I LUV that quote!
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I have 4 children, 2 children are 15 months apart, then 9 years later another, then 4 years later another. They are now 20,19,10 and 7. While it was difficult at the time, looking back the 2 that were 15 months apart were so much easier than the 2 that are 4 years apart. Maybe the fact that they were both boys added to it, but they played together, they had similar interests, they had the same friends, they could both DO the same things at the same time (video games, sports, etc.). The two that are 4 years apart are a boy and a girl and it seems to be a lot of conflict! He doesn't want her in his toys or bugging him and his friends, he wants to watch more mature tv shows, and he's into more "boy" things of course. She really wants to be at his level and tries so hard but she can't keep up with him! And he just won't play dolls or watch Dora with her!
    I am one of 4 girls and there is only 7 1/2 years between the oldest and the youngest.
    I definitely think closer together is better, but that's just my opinion!
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I have a 13 month old. My husband and I planned on getting prego when he was 15 months so they would be 2yrs apart. But now that I'm trying to lose weight, I don't want to gain the baby weight and start to lose it all over again. I just got rid of my baby weight from my 13 months old. So I think I want to lose a few more lbs before getting prego. But it's your call.
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    I have three boys (6, 4 and 12 months). I LOVE LOVE LOVE them and they are awesome kids but I'm very much done having babies. The older two play well together SOMETIMES but they are both amazing with the baby but.... I just feel like 3 is good for me. If you want another and your sanity can handle it, more power to u. As for me... I'd have to be nucking futs to have any more.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I have a 18 month old and a five year old and will not be having more for at least 3 or 4 years. I want to establish myself in my career first. I do wish they could be closer together, but finances have prevented that from being possible now. Maybe the next two will be 18 months apart or so. One rule I have for myself is that I must be at prebaby weight before getting pregnant again. I hate the thought of having double the baby weight on me when it's time to lose it. I actually have said that, even if we could afford it now, I would probably wait a while to get pregnant because I want to enjoy the body I've worked so hard in the last 6 months for.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    You are brave! I admire you. Being a mom is so hard. I have only one boy and it feels like I have 25! Wish you the best. :-)
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Have to say you really have an impressive amount of determination and responsibility! I'm 23 and have no kids and couldn't afford one if I wanted one. So major props to you for having three let alone wanting another one and being able to pull that off with school and all. I can barely comprehend working part time while doing this school thing let alone all the expectations of motherhood. Good luck and I hope you find out what you really need or want!