I could use some help and buddies

Options
2»

Replies

• dhargrave
    dhargrave Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started about a week ago and I agree with you about portion control. It's not always about what you eat but how much you eat. I think we just get use to eating until we feel stuffed and by then you are way over your needed calories for the day.
  • SteveO390
    SteveO390 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have had this app on my Android phone and I've been using it religiously since Easter weekend but only recently started poking around the web site so this is my first post because I feel I have one more thing that I can contribute to everyone else's good advice.

What I feel goes hand in hand with portion control is how often you eat. I had a rather modest weight loss goal but I achieved it with the help of this app, a 30 minutes per day, a three day a week, workout routine with my Xbox Kinect (I'm a video game junkie....go figure a video game helped me loose a little weight :-)) and just as important was eating often. Find nutritious snacks that you can munch on and eat a little every few hours. My favorite snack is raw almonds and raisins, good stuff.

Good luck and don't expect the weight to go all at once, set a modest pace for weight loss and "just keep swimming".
  • mbgw2013
    mbgw2013 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Pat, I love this website...it helps me be accountable to who you ask? To myself. I am trying to loose weight and be healthier... :smile: I suggest drinking lots of water. Eat healthy, but allow yourself the occasional snack...and as the song goes...
    move it move it move it... ... My friend suggested to pray through it...I have taken this to heart .... Helps to bring peace.
    Feel free to add me as a buddy, I would love the mutual encouragement! Good luck.
  • jwil1231
    jwil1231 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hello Pat! I'm new on here too and I'm am so glad to be with "like" people! WooHoo! :flowerforyou: Love the smilies too! I just sent you a flower.

I'm going to try focusing on this everyday to help me stay focused. I forget that I'm trying to accomplish a weight loss until the day is over. I've put on about 25 pounds this16 months--miserable and then eat more. Yes, I'm pathetic. I'm also recognizing portion control also because I'm absolutely terrible with it.

I've set a very present goal that I want to do 1.5 miles in 20 minutes--that's walking and running. And I'm doing that distance at least once a day. I may do more distance but I at least do that. And I purchased a kettle ball today- I've wanted one for sometime so today was the day. :bigsmile: I've got to adjust my thinking...it wasn't always this way--spending 14 dollars for this used to be too expensive but I could buy ice cream and double dip ice cream cones....now, that's affordable:laugh: Hopefully, we'll write each other through our progress! Best wishes, Okrabug.
  • jwil1231
    jwil1231 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hello, how do we add buddies? I hope someone adds me! I want some buddies!