Results

Options
grob49
grob49 Posts: 125 Member
Not seeing the results I want at 1650 cal so I'm going to try limiting my calories to 1200. I weigh everyting and have been staying under on my calories. Also do cardio and weight traing. But just can't seem to see any results. I know form the past that right around 1200 calories is good for me. I just hate the restrictions and limitations that this puts on my food. I enjoy eating and I know this is just going to be eating for just the sake of getting calories.

Replies

• kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    1200 is too low, and a really dramatic cut from 1650. How long have you been at this for and "not seeing results"? Can you clarify what you mean by that?

If you really feel the need to cut your calories, I would recommend going down to no lower than 1500 and see what happens.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    1200 is far too low for a man but you're probably over estimating your calories so it likely evens out. I'd suggest working on your logging though before slashing calories. Looks like you're not using a food scale. Be sure you're weighing all solids, using the measuring cups/spoons for liquids only, use the recipe builder if you're cooking meals, use accurate entries, etc...
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    You're not weighing everything in grams according to your diary--especially packaged items. I agree, 1200 is too low for a man. Are you eating back all, or just a portion of, your exercise calories?
  • grob49
    grob49 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    You're not weighing everything in grams according to your diary--especially packaged items. I agree, 1200 is too low for a man. Are you eating back all, or just a portion of, your exercise calories?

When you say not weighing everything in grams it is either grams or oz. I use the diary as an estimate. I try to stay at least 200 under my 1650. I do not eat back all my calories. It depends on what now intense my workout was. I workout in the morning after breakfast. I have started doing 30min cardio before and after my workout. Monday Wednesday and Fridays are HIIT workout days. I have been on MyFitness for almost a month now. I have come down from 187 when I started. I was 184 Monday morning. This morning I was 185.8. Also I can tell how I am going my what hole I use on my weight belt that has always been my best indication how I am going. So far it has only come down 1 hole and it seems to be stuck. I am going to keep my protein at about 130 and I will monitor my energy. I know what it feels like if I don't have enough calories. My plan is to do it a week at a time and see how it goes
  • kathrynjean_
    Options
    So you've lost 3 lbs in not quite a month ... Sounds like fabulous progress! What exactly is the problem?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You didn't even log Saturday or the Saturday before.
  • kathrynjean_
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    You didn't even log Saturday or the Saturday before.

Exactly. You're logging inconsistently and inaccurately, and you're still seeing an almost 1lb a week weight loss.

I think the problem here is with your expectations.

I'd encourage you to dial in on your logging before cutting your calories to an absolutely too low and unnecessary level.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options