Hi

Options
theuseofwords608
theuseofwords608 Posts: 1 Member
edited October 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi I'm Amber. This is one of my many times of starting a new, but this time I am confident. I have finally learned to see weight loss as the secondary goal. Healthy is my goal. I want to not be out of breath when I walk. I want to not get rashes from my own skin friction. I want to avoid diabetes. And I want a healthy heart. These are all long term goals that I do not want to fail at, and that I know I can't make happen even after over exercising and starving. In fact those moves will only make me unhealthy. Weight loss would be nice but I want the rest of me to be healthy enough if in case I need me knees operated on. I don't want poor health taking away my choices. Trying to lose weight always lead to obsession and trying to do it too quickly even if I started out slow with the right intentions. Healthy is my reasonable goal...and healthy will be a life long effort, pleasure, and no longer a struggle.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Repeat that daily and you'll be successful. This is not a diet with a schedule to meet or fail. It is, rather, an education in which you are learning to live well.
  • jenniferbradfordgoss
    Options
    Add me if you'd like. Let's get healthy!
  • JJ0798
    JJ0798 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I like the way you think..