Cutting out the "vices"

Options
So I am not a huge soda drinker (especially diet, I just can't do it)...but I have been drinking it more frequently. I have decided my goal this week is not to drink ANY, not even in a mixed drink, which doesn't matter because my fave alcoholic drink is Bacardi Limon and water or seltzer and lemon. Every week I will cut out a vice (or at least downsize on that vice) Tell me what is your vice?
:wink:

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    High sodium foods. But I'm doing pretty well in controlling it lately...
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Mine was 100% soda. I used to drink 6-8 pepsi's a day!! I was able to cut out just about 100% percent of it only drinking 1 here and there to help ease the horrible headaches.. fell off the bandwagon while on my vacation but I am getting back there.. only 1 diet today!!
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i work at dairy queen so theres one
    haha

smoking is my vice and i only had one today. its really hard not to over eat when i have so much extra time on my hands

i will over indulge on anything if i got the munchies so im trying to give that up too
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    soda was mine and I gave that up over a year ago, one of the best things I've ever done.

now fast food has been harder, I still eat it occasionally but different things than I used to a smaller portions, I want to say I will give it up totally but that's not going to happen. Life without wendys chicken nuggets once a month....pass lol

I gave up ice cream for fat frozen yogurt and don't miss it at all
  • riccimua
    riccimua Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I totally don't miss ice cream compared to frozen yogurt!! That being said I LOVE my ice cream and if its there I will eat it!! But if I buy it , it will be frozen yogurt.
    Luckily I have never been a smoker. Good luck to anyone that has to quit!!!
    By the way I am doing a weight loss Vlog if anyone want to check it out!!
    There is a whole Weight lkoss community out there. Check out my channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/Riccz32
  • riccimua
    Options
    Not a huge salt sodium person. So funny my BF and I were talking about that earlier. Unless its potatoes than I drown them lol
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    We cannot keep chocolate chip cookies in the house - they tempt me like none other!
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    I love cake. :sad:

Cake and ice cream is even better! I am especially sad because this is a relatively new vice of mine. I developed a sweet tooth about 6 months ago. How it happened, I have no clue, but I am NOT liking it!

::EDIT:: I just thought of something. You know how if you get sick after eating something you will NEVER eat it again? Maybe I should find a way to have someone sneak me some cake and ice cream that will make me sick. Hmmm....
  • riccimua
    Options
    Ithink the only way to do that is binging until you throw up...don't know if you wanna do that lol!!
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Alcohol- quit drinking 25 years, 10 months and 6 days ago, cigarettes – quit 20 years ago, chewing tobacco – quit 15 years ago, over eater (what does being full have to do with it?) - started eating organic foods and quit eating packaged foods three months ago; not exercising - until I was discharged from the cardiac unit at the hospital last week, now I walk every day for 1.5 miles. It’s tough being old, fat and diabetic, but I’m getting better.
  • kjjm08
    kjjm08 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Dr.Pepper. I am trying my hardest to cut it out. I have went from 4-5 a day [GASP! ugh] to 0-1/2 a day, if at all.
  • riccimua
    Options
    You really are cutting out those vices!! GRWAT JOB!!!
  • nati777
    nati777 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    SODA!!! it's my weakness. i drank anywhere from 2-5 a day. i decided this past friday that this week i'm going to cut out soda and fast food...cause i do that too much too. i hate cooking. haha. i used to be tiny when i was in high school, and i think a large part of it was that i never drank soda and i didn't eat out. but now that i don't live at home anymore...i have to take care of myself...and i guess i didn't keep up with that too well. but i'm tired of feeling so "blah." so i'm starting this week...and i'll worry about next week when it gets here. haha. one day down and 6 more to go!! so far i feel great. [=