Pregnant and new on here

Options
Hey everyone

Im due in 5 days cant wait to lose the baby fat and rediscover my wardrobe! Not on a diet yet Im going to wait until the baby is born and I have the all clear from the docs! But thought I would do something with all this motivation I have and found this great site! Anyone got any stories about losing pregnancy weight (or point me to the right fourm)? I was 8.5 stone before and now im nearly 11 so ive put on 2.5 stone :(

Thanks!

Replies

• jenlw88
    jenlw88 Posts: 71
    Options
    aww congrets we be here anytime u want start.
  • Sunibc22
    Sunibc22 Posts: 330
    Options
    Welcome!!

I had a baby 9 months ago and was at my pre-pregnancy weight within 6 weeks after he was born!! Keep in mind I was at my heaviest when I got pregnant but then gained 40lbs during pregnancy. I had an emergency c-section and was not able to exercise for those 6 weeks but really wasn't interested in food for the first few weeks. The only reason I ate was because my boyfriend made me dinner!!! I think breastfeeding helped huge!! I am now 15 lbs less than my pre-pregnancy weight but have only been doing my fitness pal for a week or so...
    If you are able to get out walking right away I would recommend it and if you are breastfeeding be careful not to cut your calories too much. You'll need them! If you're not breastfeeding then make sure you have enough calories for late night feedings!!
    Good luck and keep us posted!!
  • hanika8
    hanika8 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi!

Yeah I plan to breastfeed Ive heard that it helps with weight lose and its good for the baby - all round goodness!
    Wow 6 weeks thats quick! Im hoping that it wont take me too long, but then I still need to wait for the poxy stretch marks to fade too before I have my body back! Ive been covering up all summer and cant wait for next summer hopefully by then the marks would have faded and I can wear my shorts again!
  • heathermharris
    Options
    My baby will be 1 on the 21st of this month I started this 3 months ago and weighed 10lbs more then when I got pregnant I now weigh about 17 less then when I got pregnant. I am still breastfeeding and had to find out the hard way what happens if you don't eat enough. I have just done this and havn't worked out near as much as I should but with a baby I do my best. For me just counting calories had done alot for me.Good luck and Congrats on the baby.