UGH! I gotta vent

I am so tired of these girls that are soooooo tiny and whinning about their weight and NEEDS TO LOOSE 2 LBS! Really? That is soooo frustrating...

Replies

• bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,324 Member
    :grumble: me too
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    It's definitely frustrating...I saw one earlier that needed to gain weight. It is frustrating being the big girl...but if it bothers you just pay it no mind. You are here to do what you need to do to better yourself - surround yourself with people with similar goals :)
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    wt loss is wt loss--personally I cant wait till I can whine about needing to lose 2 pounds woo hoo!!!
  • hopebuck
    hopebuck Posts: 138
    agreed, esp when they are young... it makes me sad that they are THAT worried about it ;(
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Needing to gain weight is just as serious as needing to lose it.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    When you're very overweight, 2 pounds are easier to lose, so it doesn't seem like so much. When you're down to those last 10 pounds, they seem to take FOR-EV-ER. It's frustrating.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Needing to gain weight is just as serious as needing to lose it.

THats not a joke. My mother was anorexic and bulimic for 25 years. Luckily, she whipped the hell out of it. Except she went overboard and became 300 lbs for about 15 years.

Now shes at a very healthy weight, and doing it the right way. THankfully.
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427 Member
    is that their issue or yours?
  • lozf85
    lozf85 Posts: 62 Member
    is that their issue or yours?

"LIKE" !
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    What I think everyone here needs to remember is that this is a place for a lot of different people. It's about fitness, which is not synonymous with losing weight. It can mean losing, maintaining or gaining.

And those 2 lbs are just as important to that person as someone who has 100 to lose. And maintaining is just as important as losing. And gaining can be just as important as losing.
  • My Fitness Pal is a calorie counter and fitness community...not a weight loss website, per se. There are people that need to lose, and there are those that need to gain such as body builders, wrestlers, and those you have anorexia or bulimia, to name a few. It is frustrating for you to read that, but their struggle is very real...to them. So don't get discouraged. Your support for them now, might mean their support and/or guidance for you later on when you're struggling with your last two pounds. I don't think any one on here really means to rub their weight loss in anyone's faces. We're all supposed to be a helpful and friendly community.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    What I think everyone here needs to remember is that this is a place for a lot of different people. It's about fitness, which is not synonymous with losing weight. It can mean losing, maintaining or gaining.

And those 2 lbs are just as important to that person as someone who has 100 to lose. And maintaining is just as important as losing. And gaining can be just as important as losing.

Amen...my losses and feelings about my losses were no more important or valid at 30lbs, as they are at 5ish lbs. That being said...I can certainly understand the original posters frustration...but venting on the people saying it is kind of silly to me. Your frustration is truly at the fact that you may have so much more to lose than they do...which I completely, completely commiserate with.

Cris
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    I get it but everyone has there own issues. They can only truly understand the struggles that they know and have gone through. So for some its a 2 lbs struggle and for others 75 lbs. It's unique to the individual. On a positive note we are here to support each other, so stick with those you relate to and fight on!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    My Fitness Pal is a calorie counter and fitness community...not a weight loss website, per se. There are people that need to lose, and there are those that need to gain such as body builders, wrestlers, and those you have anorexia or bulimia, to name a few. It is frustrating for you to read that, but their struggle is very real...to them. So don't get discouraged. Your support for them now, might mean their support and/or guidance for you later on when you're struggling with your last two pounds. I don't think any one on here really means to rub their weight loss in anyone's faces. We're all supposed to be a helpful and friendly community.

And thank you SO much. I originally started here with the goal of losing weight. Now I want to build muscle and tone. Does that mean I should have to leave MFP just because I am starting to look good?
  • And thank you SO much. I originally started here with the goal of losing weight. Now I want to build muscle and tone. Does that mean I should have to leave MFP just because I am starting to look good?

No way! Please stay. MFP is great for all different fitness goals. Congratulations on your loss and good luck on toning up! Your success is motivation for people like me who are just starting out :)
  • tweez8976
    tweez8976 Posts: 94 Member
    Everyone has their own challenges and they are all equally valid. I have a long way to go to get to my weight loss goal but I have known several people who have challenges gaining weight and it's no fun for them either.

Good luck on your journey - my feedback is focus on the things that you can control and don't worry about anything else!