Healthy low carb dinner

Options
Hi! I'm looking for a few good recipes for dinner that are low carb I'm currently on a low carb and 1200 calorie diet so any ideas would be appreciated! any ideas??

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'd grill a nice sirloin steak and saute a double portion of veggies of some kind or a veggie medley or something...
  • donnaroberts1988
    Options
    That sounds great
  • praveee
    praveee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey I am following the same calorie n diet too. For dinner I eat home made grilled chicken breast or fish kebabs followed by a small portion of a healthy salad. Sometimes I also eat a small portion of millet rice (complex carb) with some home made spinach dal n fatless Greek yoghurt.
  • Retakesfitness
    Retakesfitness Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Baked or Broiled boneless pork chop and boiled cabbage! Sautéed shrimp and spinach. Sirloin tips and broccoli . Any lean meat and green leafy veggie, is a good choice . Veggie taco, or fajita
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    There are about a gazillion low carb recipes here:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2
  • theportkey
    theportkey Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My low carb favorite is coronation chicken with salad .... A good variety needed. Spring onions, radish, peppers, celery, mixed leaves, tomatoes etc Steam the chicken and use light mayo, curry powder, a nice chutney and lemon juice . Lush :)
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    We eat a lot of soups, stews, chilis, stir fries, and curries. All different varieties.
  • ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Omelettes! Whatever meat/veg you want, cook it in a pan, add eggs. I basically lived off them when I was doing low carb.
  • TeaCurls
    TeaCurls Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I like to change things up. Taco salad with ground turkey (Greek yogurt sub as sour Cream) I like to make an Asian stir fry, and grilled chicken with bruschetta on top. At a bar we used to go to they had a great steak with mushrooms and onions on top and I have started to make that at home. Today I roasted a turkey breast that came out delish with roasted cauliflower. The leftovers I am going to make wraps with turkey, a slice of bacon and avocado wrapped in lettuce to keep it low carb. This week I am also attempting to come up with a low cal option to make Asian lettuce wraps. I also agree with the omelet option it is my go to for an easy quick meal.
  • BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I did salmon with butter and some spices, and asparagus sautéed with butter and balsamic vinegar the other day and I swear it was the best food I had ever eaten.
  • MistressPi
    Options
    TeaCurls wrote: »
    I like to change things up. Taco salad with ground turkey (Greek yogurt sub as sour Cream) I like to make an Asian stir fry, and grilled chicken with bruschetta on top. At a bar we used to go to they had a great steak with mushrooms and onions on top and I have started to make that at home. Today I roasted a turkey breast that came out delish with roasted cauliflower. The leftovers I am going to make wraps with turkey, a slice of bacon and avocado wrapped in lettuce to keep it low carb. This week I am also attempting to come up with a low cal option to make Asian lettuce wraps. I also agree with the omelet option it is my go to for an easy quick meal.

NOMNOMPALEO has one that looks good ...

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/1710952680/asian-ground-beef-mushroom-and-broccoli-slaw
  • MistressPi
    Options
    I am using my Ronco rotisserie a lot since I found it at the Goodwill (for only $30!). Because dayum. So easy to make luscious roasted meats.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Big steak, grilled asparagus. Potatoes, rice, and pasta are verboten. Sugary steak sauce is also off-limits.