What is your biggest downfall with your eating habits?

Options
I mentioned above that I stop tracking and holding myself accountable when I make bad choices. My BIGGEST downfalls are Pizza and Sweets and portion size.

Tell me yours!

Replies

• kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I have a problem with sweets and fast food. I just can't control myself and so I just don't keep them in the house and I work hard on the ability to drive past a fast food place.
  • sdeeb1950
    sdeeb1950 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wine
  • Countrygirl2945
    Countrygirl2945 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a problem with chips & sweets. We have a love/hate relationship. Right now there is cake in the fridge that is screaming my name, I haven't give in yet.
  • jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Wine tasting parties - we do them often and I tend to over eat and drink.
  • hmmpizza
    hmmpizza Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i just over did myself today with "some" quezadillas ... :/
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Portion size for everything, I am toast without my kitchen scale. Umm toast...
  • russb_
    russb_ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Skittles
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I've been at maintenance for about 14 and a half years now.

Depending on the time...I'd say:
    Pizza
    nachos
    wine
    would be the three things that are challenging for me in terms of calories/diet compliance.
    The first two because, well, pizza and nachos. The last, because, well, useless calories galore.
  • misscamp26
    misscamp26 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am convinced that I am some kind of carb addict. Bread, cookies and cake are my kryptonite. I just can't seem to eat them in moderation.
  • fposte2016
    fposte2016 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Portions for sure. I used to eat until I felt sick. As bad as it made me feel, I still get that urge, especially when I'm tired or anxious or bored. Now wine and takeout are my biggest calorie overages even while watching portions.
  • DeviatedNorm
    DeviatedNorm Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Sweets. God I love sweets. And when I eat sweets it just makes me want to eat more sweets.

Like, I keep thinking that when I go to maintenance I just want to add a slice of cake or a bowl of pudding to my day.
  • realsammysalamander
    Options
    There is a bowl of little chocolate bars that sit next to my desk... I love Halloween but this is going to drive me crazy!
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Sugar and salt. More of a sweet tooth though. I have some delicious honey calling my name everyday in the cupboard. I don't think I've made it to my salt goal even one day so far. I don't even add the salt I add to food! I've been concentrating on my overall calories and I can't give up the salt just yet. The sugar keeps calling my name but I usually tell it to *kitten* off. Usually..
  • Cheerios0392
    Cheerios0392 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Portion sizes. I can never have just one ice cream, just a few chips, just a row of chocolate. I'm the type of person that eats the entire packet. It's my biggest issue.
  • hrush1889
    hrush1889 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Definitely pizza, so hard to resist ordering take out. Its my favorite food! Other thing that is a struggle is alcohol, those calories can quickly add up if you've had a couple drinks
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Pizza, fast food, and soda.
  • DarthJader89
    DarthJader89 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I can stay healthy for a few days but fall off the wagon and fall hard. I like salty foods and fast food, as well as ice cream. Because my will power is crap i definitely indulge in much more than I should
  • Ess_Pea
    Ess_Pea Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I stop tracking and holding myself accountable when I make bad choices. My BIGGEST downfalls are Pizza and Sweets and portion size.

I think I've found my MFP doppelganger :-p ALL of the above. Just came back to MFP today for the third time
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Freshly baked bread - I stopped baking it as often because I cannot stop myself