Mirrors, car windows or any other shiny things ...

Options
Is anyone else incapable of walking past a reflective surface without checking out how fat they look that day? I'm talking mirrors, store windows, the side of a shiny vehicle ... and not just once a day, but literally anytime that you can remotely see yourself in anything?

Replies

• Ess_Pea
    Ess_Pea Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow, actually yeah. I do the same thing all the time. Every once in a while I'm pleasantly surprised :-p
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Opposite, now. I've begun to look to see how BAMF I'm lookin'.

If you are looking to see 'how fat', it may be time to go and talk to someone about your self-image. I'm not kidding, that is when you begin to head into bad territory of places you don't wanna go.
  • MichelleReneeOC
    MichelleReneeOC Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've thought about that many times again and again. When the world tells you that you look one way and you still feel like you're gazing into a fun house mirror you just might have a problem.
  • UnicornAmandaPanda
    UnicornAmandaPanda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Yea I think everyone does this to some extent. Some days I'm like oh man I look like I'm pregnant with a food baby and other days I'm like woot woot this is paying off lol
  • jasinwilliams
    jasinwilliams Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I do that all the time, but not to see how fat I look: I just do it to look at my face. It's a problem I've had since about high school.

One time, I looked into a parked car's window to look at my face, but I didn't realize that the owner of the car was sitting on his porch right to the side of me. He was drunk off his *kitten* and screamed 'You trying my steal car? I'll f--k you up!'. That was years ago, but I still look in car windows all the time. I also look in store windows, metallic urinal flushers, and my computer screen after I shut my computer down.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've thought about that many times again and again. When the world tells you that you look one way and you still feel like you're gazing into a fun house mirror you just might have a problem.

"Body Dismorphia" is a thing. Definitely go talk to someone.