Night shift nurse

Options
Anyone struggle with working nights and the inconsistency that comes with that? I need daily accountability friends. Seems like the days I really need to talk to someone, none are on! Add me if you can be an accountability partner with me! I have 30 or 35 pounds to lose.

Replies

• gcprotos
    gcprotos Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie,

I need an accountability friend too. Happy to join you!

Grace
  • passehlc
    passehlc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a nurse as well, working nights, days, weekends, etc. I need an accountability person too. Gonna add you.
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    When I work the floor. I do it as a night nurse. On those days I have to give myself a time when I start and stop eating. So, For Me, eating between 9 pm and 5 am then doing fluids and eating a fruit if hungry worked until my regular day office hours started. It really does take a lot more will power, but it's doable. :) Hope this helps.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Not a nurse but I work nights in IT. I found sleep was my biggest obstacle. If I had bad sleep, everything else suffered. I'd be tired all the time, constantly be grazing on food to help keep me awake thus going over calories and I would not even bother with exercising since I'd be too tired. Once I got my sleeping schedule in check, I did much better with everything else.
  • edup1975
    edup1975 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like.
  • kanerz14
    kanerz14 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yeah Night shift nurse here. Hard to motivate but I would usually go out a run post shift in the morning. The hardest part really is getting out the door, the rest quickly gets easier and always feel energised after it and happy that I'd done it. It's best to tray and visualise how you'll feel after it as a means to motivate. Feel free to add anyone:)
  • RNamd23
    RNamd23 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm also a night shift nurse. It's so hard to balance sometimes, I sleep at the weirdest times on my days off and eating sometimes turns in to a crapshoot. I'm always open to friends who understand the crazy lifestyle, so feel free to add me