• CassieJones104
    CassieJones104 Posts: 76 Member
    I already bought them lol :neutral:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Can you return them?
  • CassieJones104
    I opened the bottle to see how big the pills were when I got them home. $10 down the drain! I wish I would've posted on here before I went to Wal Mart last night!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    At least it's just 10 dollars, nothing worse like loss of health or life. Use MFP for free the way it's designed and it will work every time. Good luck !
  • CassieJones104
    Than you! :smile:
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 402 Member
    None of those scams work. If there was a miracle suppliment that caused faster weight loss, everyone would be taking it and losing weight. You need a sustained deficit with accurate weighing with a scale. It's that simple. Eat at a deficit, exercise if you want to eat more, then lose weight the correct way.
  • JDixon852019
    JDixon852019 Posts: 312 Member
    You should have bought a food scale instead.

If all those magic pills actually worked no one would be fat.
  • ac_astwood
    ac_astwood Posts: 22 Member
    No one knows the long term effects of Raspberry Ketones. I wouldn't take them.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    I have taken them in conjunction with calorie deficit and exercise and the scale moved faster the two weeks they lasted. I was also more hungry than usual and had an elevated heart rate, decreased blood pressure. If you've already got them, couldn't hurt to give them a try.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Anyone know if this really works?

It's a scam.

The only thing that really works is making sure you eat less calories than you burn. :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    I have taken them in conjunction with calorie deficit and exercise and the scale moved faster the two weeks they lasted. I was also more hungry than usual and had an elevated heart rate, decreased blood pressure. If you've already got them, couldn't hurt to give them a try.

Actually, having such side effects can hurt, depending on how elevated your heart rate gets and how low your blood pressure gets.

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited October 2016
    They'll make your wallet lighter. And give you raspberry flavored burps. Other than that they're completely useless and a scam (like 99.999% of "supplements" sold by the diet/nutrition industry).
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    It works!! We just come here to hook up.

I knew it!!!! :angry:

I can think of many incidents in which elevated heart rate and decreased blood pressure is harmful.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    These are new to me so I had to look them up. Based on what I found, I would have to agree with most here. I would pass.

The real secret to losing weight is that there is no secret. Eat healthy and burn more calories than you eat. It really is that simple.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    "It should be noted that all evidence for the effects of raspberry ketone has only been observed in vitro (in a test tube). Though researchers are able to raise the concentrations of ketones in a single cell during studies, these same concentrations cannot be replicated in the human body, particularly through oral supplementation."

"There is no human evidence for the effectiveness of raspberry ketones. Raspberry ketones cannot be concentrated in the human body the same way they are concentrated during studies done outside the body, on single cells."

http://examine.com/supplements/Raspberry+Ketone/
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited October 2016
    Anyone know if this really works?

No.
  • sst036
    sst036 Posts: 58 Member
    They're in my pre workout (....for supposed fat burning I think?) and they taste delicious. I don't believe they do anything other than that, and even then it might just be raspberry flavouring.