New here. Fresh Start on Monday

Options
I'm 26 and looking to get in better shape and fix my overall health. I have two little ones and still feel like I'm carrying baby weight :( Would like to have friends to help keep me motivated on here. Please add me if you can relate!

Thank you!

Replies

• 603PIPER
    603PIPER Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Can't say I can relate specifically to baby weight, but there are plenty of people on here to help with motivation and accountability. Also a lot of resources about types of diets and exercise plans so you can find one that works best for you and fits your needs!

Good Luck!
  • JodyWlhd
    JodyWlhd Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Why wait? Start today. Start tomorrow. Just begin by making one conscious, good decision. Keep trying to do that. You'll be well on your way! I finally got rid of the baby weight. She's in 8th grade this year... :blush:
  • JodyWlhd
    Options
    I say I'm going to start Monday because my oldest is turning three and we are having a bday party for him Sunday...I don't want to start off feeling guilty for eating a piece of cake :(
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    You can eat cake and still lose weight.

Deprivation diets don't work.

I lost 80 lbs and reached my goal by eating whatever I most wanted within my calorie limit. I ate dessert every day, without guilt.
  • Mr_StMartin
    Mr_StMartin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just started this morning, looking to lose 200. Feel free to add me in your journey! Happy birthday to your oldest!
  • JodyWlhd
    Options
    Thank you Mr_StMartin. Just added you!
  • McMekawi
    McMekawi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The 80/20 rule always helps.. 80% healthy food. 20% fun food..
    you can start with 60/40 and improve gradually from there..
  • mikedatl
    mikedatl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Started not so long ago myself. It's best to just start. It's hard to get the schedule and motivation at first but once you see some progress and find some others on here to chat with and keep you motivated then you'll feel awesome. Don't worry about the cake. I'm loosing weight and getting stronger and I eat dessert every night. My son's 5th birthday is coming up at the end of the month so I've got the same problem. :) Feel free to add me to your journey if you want someone with similar struggles and a positive attitude to help get you through.
  • StacywithaY
    StacywithaY Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Lol - I agree
  • Cush_la
    Cush_la Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    please feel free to add me if you like :) any one can i love having MFP friends such a Great community
  • JodyWlhd
    Options
    Still looking for more friends :)
  • roamingtiger
    roamingtiger Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    How'd your first day go??
  • JodyWlhd
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Good. Except my little boys birthday cake :p . But that's gone now, so doing better lol
  • ISparkyI
    ISparkyI Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Im looking at losing 60 +. Feel free to add me. Finding all this advice and encouragement is brilliant.
  • Emmalovestorun
    Emmalovestorun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Happy for any of you to add me. Active daily
  • jellis1388
    jellis1388 Posts: 47 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Hey! Would love to add people but it gives me an error ...please reach out! Thanks
  • JodyWlhd
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Jellis1388...Your my friend on my page but your pic is not showing up. On this post it is tho. IDK if that information helps, but there it is :)
  • ash_perg
    ash_perg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I recently quit smoking and now finally getting my butt back in gear and need to commit to getting back in shape and shedding some pounds.... My daughters 8 now, so good on you for not waiting :)